Dec 27, 2010, 01:22 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgcag
Thanks AJ and right back at you! I went to page one so as not to bother anyone, but I can't find the link to a company that builds a FPV camera mount for the SS. I know I saw it (unless I dreamed it and at my age who knows?)

The wife and I flew up to Portland to spend Christmas with my oldest daughter and family. Since they live on the side of a hill no flying this week. We head back to Puyallup (pronounced Pew-all-up which means valley of the friendly people. Whichs isn't totally correct since we love people to visit but not to live there.), but I digress. Once home I have left an EZ there so unless its raining cats and dogs, I can fly. Oh and I gave my uncle Charlie my extra SS that I ordered this fall from Banana, so the ranks have increased by one. Stay tuned for further developments.

Jack
I have purchased several pods from this company. They are well made and have SkySurfer units. http://www.claserdesigns.com/rccameramounts.html Eagle-eye
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2010, 03:25 PM
I have put my HK order through today. It will take some time to receive it as there were quite a few items in back order but I will be patient. Can't wait to start building this bird!
Dec 28, 2010, 12:05 AM
Argue for your limitations
Thread OP

HK or BH - I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc
I have put my HK order through today. It will take some time to receive it as there were quite a few items in back order but I will be patient. Can't wait to start building this bird!
I think you meant BH order. Did you??

Make sure you review Page #1 - Post #3 while you are waiting for your plane. A few of those are mandatory depending on what setup you use. The most important one is to set the CG correctly for the maiden flight. Please review the entire post to help you have a successful maiden flight. Oh. Make sure you take videos to share with everyone.
AJ
Dec 28, 2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I think you meant BH order. Did you??

Make sure you review Page #1 - Post #3 while you are waiting for your plane. A few of those are mandatory depending on what setup you use. The most important one is to set the CG correctly for the maiden flight. Please review the entire post to help you have a successful maiden flight. Oh. Make sure you take videos to share with everyone.
AJ
No I did mean HK
I already ordered my ARF on dec 20th from a UK website (BRC Hobbies) and I had to buy the rest on HobbyKing.

It may be an idea to add the UK vendors to your second post

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5595
Dec 28, 2010, 09:28 AM
Fly like a bird
Hi guys, the sky-surfer V2 is in stock now.
Dec 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Suspended Account
does it ship double boxed?
Dec 28, 2010, 10:05 AM
Can't get on their website right now.

Edit: It's back up now.

They are touting a new heavier carton but don't indicate whether they double box or not.
Last edited by Greywing; Dec 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: update
Dec 28, 2010, 10:37 AM
Fly like a bird
Hi, we have customed another box for the plane, looks like the same as the box of skywalker.
We just didn't shot a new pic of the box.

Best,
BEVRC.com
Dec 28, 2010, 03:32 PM

SkyS servo holes

Just wonder what holes in the elevator and rudder servos are your control rods in. Don't remember where they were on my rtf (fuse was trashed and pitched) and I'm setting up another ARF and it looks like the third hole from the top of the servo horn is the best fit. Looks like less friction with the control rod and tube. Where are you guys connected? I can make up any difference in the tail horns if I need to.

Thanks in advance
Ron
Last edited by Ron RC; Dec 28, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Dec 28, 2010, 03:49 PM
wait what goes here.....
I just got my RTF SkySurfer! Unfortunately it is a brushed version (it was a present.) When I plug in the battery all the servos twitch then it beeps continually. If I unplug the servos then it still just beeps... I think I might be missing steps for binding it to the controller, but I'm not sure, there does not seem to be a binding plug on the Tx or Rx
Dec 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
I can fix it today if u want. I bet the throttle has to be reversed tk arm the esc then back to normal. If you havnt binded it yet or it has lost bind put bind plug in the batt/bind plug. Plug batt in with tx off. Pull trainer switch turn tx on and hold for 3 seconds then release trainer switch. Bind should occur in a few seconds. Light should be solid on rx. Remove bind plug and check all controls. Some controls might need to be reversed.
Dec 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
does anyone know where i can buy some extra celvis's for the control horns on the ailerons? I had one break on me and my LHS doesnt have any...
Dec 28, 2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCarroll
I just got my RTF SkySurfer! Unfortunately it is a brushed version (it was a present.) When I plug in the battery all the servos twitch then it beeps continually. If I unplug the servos then it still just beeps... I think I might be missing steps for binding it to the controller, but I'm not sure, there does not seem to be a binding plug on the Tx or Rx

You need to bind it. Make a binding plug is easy, just take a spare connector from an old servo and make one. It's the two outward pins that have to be connected.
Dec 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R
does anyone know where i can buy some extra celvis's for the control horns on the ailerons? I had one break on me and my LHS doesnt have any...
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=3753
Dec 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R
Towerhobbies carries a complete lineup of Dubro product

I used these from Dubro.
Last edited by Prof100; Dec 28, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply