HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
wow and this is on a f330? 4s or 3s and 8" props?
F550, 3s with 10"
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
F550, 3s with 10"
drop to 8" and your problem will go away I bet
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Mar 2008
867 Posts
Quote:
drop to 8" and your problem will go away I bet
will have to give that a try tomorrow. Are saying 8" on 3s? Why do you think this will work?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,150 Posts
Quote:
will have to give that a try tomorrow. Are saying 8" on 3s? Why do you think this will work?
I was over proped with 10" w/o any payload on my 550. I live at 7000' also

Worth a try, right
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Mar 2008
867 Posts
Quote:
I was over proped with 10" w/o any payload on my 550. I live at 7000' also

Worth a try, right
Most definitely worth a try! 8" with 3s or 4s? is 8s OK with 3s?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:29 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,150 Posts
Quote:
Most definitely worth a try! 8" with 3s or 4s? is 8s OK with 3s?
8" with 3s is just fine.. I also run 10" on 4s when I have my Aeroxcraft lg and camera onboard.

You will find the naza will be more stable with the higher disk load on the 8".
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
You might have already done this but did you retune for the hex config.. I run something like 225 on basic and 85 atti..
I did try to retune it for the Hex config but didn't notice any significant changes. will try again tomorrow, i'm sure i missed something, it's the 1st time i'm having such bad results with the naza, i've used it before in 4 different quads from small to large size and all worked perfect. I even tried it a bit in a SIXcopter hexa frame i bought from quadframe.com and it worked fine and stable, i didn't continue using it on this frame because the arms are way too thin making it shake a lot, so i decided to build new arms 15mm thin and convert the frame to a Y6 (still in progress project).

btw in today's test of the F550 i used 10x4.5 props carbon reinforced, well balanced. And later i tried with normal 8x4.5 props, i got better results with the 8x4.5 ones, much more stable and less reaction to wind.

Cheers!
urbankuest is offline Find More Posts by urbankuest
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
Nice video! In the description on youtube you mention new motors and props. Care to share the details on them?
Sure... I found that with the stock motors and 8x5 props, when at high power settings (i.e. climbing aggressively to clear an obstacle) in MAN that I was getting a stuttering - kind of like trying to climb a hill in too high a gear in a car. I tried messing with the vertical gains but it didn't help. In ATT it didn't happen cause it just doesn't climb very fast in that mode.

I resolved the problem by going to bigger Avroto 2814 motors, while staying with the stock DJI 30A ESCs. I tried 10x5 Graupners, but found that the lower "wing" loading made the MRC a little less smooth and more susceptible to turbulence. I settled on Graupner 9x5 as a good compromise over the 8".
azure is offline Find More Posts by azure
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Got my gps installed today. and had a few computer issues, but got everything working perfect. it transitions form manual to atti to gps with no issues. and holds perect. very happy with it.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbankuest View Post
I did try to retune it for the Hex config but didn't notice any significant changes. will try again tomorrow, i'm sure i missed something, it's the 1st time i'm having such bad results with the naza, i've used it before in 4 different quads from small to large size and all worked perfect. I even tried it a bit in a SIXcopter hexa frame i bought from quadframe.com and it worked fine and stable, i didn't continue using it on this frame because the arms are way too thin making it shake a lot, so i decided to build new arms 15mm thin and convert the frame to a Y6 (still in progress project).

btw in today's test of the F550 i used 10x4.5 props carbon reinforced, well balanced. And later i tried with normal 8x4.5 props, i got better results with the 8x4.5 ones, much more stable and less reaction to wind.

Cheers!
your 8x4.5 props, did you use 3s or 4s?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
nice to hear.

yeah, with this hobby we have to be good at multiple niches...

it took me about 6 months and different antennas, diversity, different frequencies.... before i got a reliable video link....

best of luck to you in the future and let me know if you have any questions

looking forward to seeing more videos great flying BTW
Thanks for the compliment...

Yeah, trying to dial in vTX, vRX, and antennas. Currently 5.8GHz 600mw w/ CP omnis. Not much penetration and sporadic dropouts at low altitude. So I'm now changing over to try 1.3GHz to see if it's better for the flying I'm doing. It'll be 800mw w/ CP omni on the MRC, and an Oracle diversity unit with two vRXs; one w/ CP omni and one w/ CP helical.
azure is offline Find More Posts by azure
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
your 8x4.5 props, did you use 3s or 4s?
I used a 3s 4500mha with the 8x4.5 in a 2212 750kv motor.

I will order some 9x4.5 carbon reinforced, have to give it a try, i have a feeling it will work well in my f550 setup
urbankuest is offline Find More Posts by urbankuest
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,904 Posts
OK just tried it , it still is doing it even with my V-gain at 50%, maybe this is just how it is on this frame
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,396 Posts
Another two hours trying to program a simple fail safe over ride switch with my A9 without sucess. I guess I can go into the garage and eat some paste because I just cant figure it out. I've watched the videos and read all the posts on how to program it on this or that radio.

I went ahead and programed my radio for heli mode and got everything to work. Gyro is on switch E. I programed a mix with the gyro to AUX 2. I adjust the end points and can get my fail safe switch to over ride AIT and GPS modes but not manual.

I would really like to drop the F bomb here about 20 times and smash my head into a wall right now.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
OK just tried it , it still is doing it even with my V-gain at 50%, maybe this is just how it is on this frame
My F330 does the bounce thing on RTH landings, got it on video uploading to Youtube now. Went FPV flying today to test out the new setup on the F330 and get some goggle time. Very windy but the little 330 flew amazingly well even in the wind, and the position hold is amazing. I'll post the link to the video once Y/T gets done with it...

One thing I did have to do was to turn the GPS alignment about 3/8 of an inch to the right to get it to stop the TB effect, once I did that it now locks in solid and doesn't move

The GPS for my F450 was delivered today, got that setup and did a couple test flights in the backyard. The VTX doesn't seem to affect this one like it does on the F330, have to swap the TX for an AR 7000 so I can setup RTH before I can really give this one a good test flight.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder