Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:20 PM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
anybody know where i can get these, i googled it and searched on hobbyking, and nitroplanes, but found nothing.
giantkevmiester is offline Find More Posts by giantkevmiester
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:30 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
They are definitely at HobbyKing, I'm not sure Nitroplanes carries them anymore. They are also at Banana Hobby and Toysonics. Look for mini EDF or 50mm - only Toysonics has them listed under the Sky Angel brand.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkevmiester View Post
anybody know where i can get these, i googled it and searched on hobbyking, and nitroplanes, but found nothing.

http://www.toysonics.com/edf-jet/
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:36 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,519 Posts
i just got two blue angel a4s from toy sonics and they are sweet!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:36 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
I was skeptical in buying from BH after hearing several bad reports but when I bought the T-45 Red Arrows, it arrived in 3 days , perfect condition. They even included a 850 mah 3s. If you do get the T-45 , remount the servo horns and rods to the top deck. Easy to do. I did this after stripping one of the 8g servos and now I don't worry about belly landings. The only other thing that happened to mine was one of the ailerons started detaching.. A small bead of "Welders glue" and back in business.

Next up for me is the F-16. These are great little parkjets. I have heard some not so good reports on the Gripen but that's about it.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
I was skeptical in buying from BH after hearing several bad reports but when I bought the T-45 Red Arrows, it arrived in 3 days , perfect condition. They even included a 850 mah 3s. If you do get the T-45 , remount the servo horns and rods to the top deck. Easy to do. I did this after stripping one of the 8g servos and now I don't worry about belly landings. The only other thing that happened to mine was one of the ailerons started detaching.. A small bead of "Welders glue" and back in business.

Next up for me is the F-16. These are great little parkjets. I have heard some not so good reports on the Gripen but that's about it.

-Hawk
With shops like Banana Hobby and Hobby King its best to just use paypal. If you do then they have to fill the order or you get your money back no questions.... I think that is where most of the problems are with these sites. I just happened to a friend last week with hobby king. He didn't use paypal and the order is all messed up. I used paypal to order the exact same thing and I had it in 4 days.... Paypal can keep you from dealing with all these headaches! I have had zero unresolved issues with either sight too.....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
i just got two blue angel a4s from toy sonics and they are sweet!
Yep.... they did a decent job. Only part that is off is the placement of the "blue Angels" script on the inlet. It should be aft about 1". Beyond that, pretty nice. I'm glad it' happens to be #3, that fills out the my whole fleet of 7.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
Aybody know hw the f-35 flies i might get one.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:44 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
It is not a natural slow-flyer, not at all.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:47 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Yep.... they did a decent job. Only part that is off is the placement of the "blue Angels" script on the inlet. It should be aft about 1". Beyond that, pretty nice. I'm glad it' happens to be #3, that fills out the my whole fleet of 7.
Joe,

Out of the 7, which one is your favorite ? I just got started with the Red Arrows T-45 and like it. My flying buds keep telling me that the F-16 is the fastest of the bunch.

-Hawk
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
The t-45 is the fastest on 4s
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:17 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Joe,

Out of the 7, which one is your favorite ? I just got started with the Red Arrows T-45 and like it. My flying buds keep telling me that the F-16 is the fastest of the bunch.

-Hawk
The red paint on the Red Arrows BAe Hawk (T-45) adds a considerable amount of weight. The white T-45 is lighter, which certainly helps in the thrust-to-weight dept.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
btw does toysonics have decent CS, or is it another banana hobby?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:06 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
I've always gotten a response/acknowledgement from Toysonics within 1-2 days, except during announced holidays (Lunar New Year, for example). In some cases, telephone calls.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:57 AM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
I've always gotten a response/acknowledgement from Toysonics within 1-2 days, except during announced holidays (Lunar New Year, for example). In some cases, telephone calls.
They seem pretty good but their prices are not quite as good as BH. Looked at their site and virtually everything was out of stock. I got lucky on the T-45. Arrived in 3 days. On something like the Skyangel series, there's really not much after sales support needed IMO. BTW, lived in Frederick, circa 1998-2001- Whittier. Worked for Crisplant for 10 years.

Cheers,

Hawk