HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Hey Bob, my kid just came into my room to inform me that Jack in the Box is now selling bacon shakes!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:40 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
David, you could move the throttle servo out of the way by just gluing in a mini servo out on the cheek maybe! Use a log cylindrical water bottle for a tank inside the fuse. I've seen just the right one but I can't think of the brand off hand. This would allow you to use the tank compartment plus part of the fuse area.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Nice ucando Snowman, i got one too

Here is a different question

Anyone got a good way to put in a large tank other than the stock one but maybe 2X the stock size into a twist 40

I am looking at the idea of makeing the twist 40 a long flying machine

the stock tank is I think 11 oz, how would I put in a like 23 plus oz tank inside the twist 40 with a 46 ax running it.

fuel pumps are out of the idea as they complicate stuff and take up room, I am looking for a one tank `fit`` that is close to 30 oz

put in a 17cc size gas engine so you can locate the tank almost anywhere...
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:21 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
That's a sweet looking airplane NoMatta........whacha going to power it with?
Planning on using my DLE 55. I pulls my 16 pound like a ballistic missle. May go up to a 23 inch prop from the 22 on the Edge because of the cowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Bob, my kid just came into my room to inform me that Jack in the Box is now selling bacon shakes!!

You're killin' me man. Didn't want to go out this evening
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
Bob won't be able to resist that shake lol. Nice looking plane Bob.

Jim Allen
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,026 Posts
Quote:
David, you could move the throttle servo out of the way by just gluing in a mini servo out on the cheek maybe! Use a log cylindrical water bottle for a tank inside the fuse. I've seen just the right one but I can't think of the brand off hand. This would allow you to use the tank compartment plus part of the fuse area.
Bacon Shakes?
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:01 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Ron it's funny but I think there might be a new element on that shirt. I had a really had time seeing it though
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,748 Posts
NOmatta Sweet plane Man I think I need to become a Brown Shirt delivery guy

BACON SHAKES Count me in Can't wait for my next Alabama Visit gottta love that jack in the box. lol

David all great ideas from the crew here so I'll add another, you can strap another external 12 oz tank on top of the fuse in front of the canopy, feed that into the lower tank and let muffler pressure and gravity do its thing we did this on my friends Kadet worked great. the best part is you don't need to mod anything and just rubber band the tank on when you want to use it.

Wayne good to see you again I don't believe you had permission to go awol for such a long time

Sorry I don't know anything about JR Radios except I witnessed a new one lose contact with a brand new Neiport on a maiden flight They did make good on the box and RX and sent my friend another new one and luckily the neiport slammed into a Tin barn roof and only broke the landing gear and a couple of dings. I'm scared of Jr But at least they made things right without a fight about it, so Kudos to them for that.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:30 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
thanks waldo great idea
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
cool please let me know if you can remember the "brand" water bottle, thanks
Quote:
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
46 is already installed just need or want to experiment with a larger tanks set up, something nice and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
put in a 17cc size gas engine so you can locate the tank almost anywhere...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
O it's windy today.
I hope to do some mowing.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,914 Posts
Kerwin, just keep rubbing it in buddy......I won't get to smell fresh cut grass until the end of June. And besides, the patch of grass I have to mow is so small it belongs under a bikini....hardly enough to prove therapeutic as walking behind a mower proves to be!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Southern Ohio, USA
Joined Apr 2006
473 Posts
It has been the best Spring here in Southern Ohio that I can remember. I've mowed 5 times now..Its been in the 70's and 80's since March 1st...Although this weekend is going to be the coldest in 8 weeks...Highs in the 50's....
TooBizzy is offline Find More Posts by TooBizzy
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Well buddy I have to hear about that smoked walleye along with all that other wonderful fishing that you get to do. Don't you know thast just makes me green with envy.
Well I've tried mowing but I've had to work on an air compressor and my mower tire now won't hold air so it's off to wally world for another tire.
I'm out here spending money like I got it.
Whats more my van has broken another shifter cable. it's the 2nd one this year. I'm just going to shift it by hand and hot wire to the solenoid to start it till I get this problem figured out.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50