SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2003, 06:52 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
First real flight of the Mirage 15/2

Well I got my first real flight in on the Mirage.Once i got the batts in secure i was able touse the launcher. We got it all set up and put the mirage on it.checked the throws and A friend that i had with me mentioned that he did not think there was enough. "Oh well" lets giveher a try he stommped on the release and off she went as it went off the launch ring I gave a little "Up" and throttled Up Off she went gaining speed in a real Hurry!! I went for a left turn and befori knew it i had done 2 rolls!! I need to put some expo into this! I Gently applied some left and did two circutes comming about 30 feet off the ground as it went by at WHo knowshow fast but it was WAY Faster than my Projeti. As i did the second pass it started rolling to the right and would not stop It went into the Next field over and went in nose First. Not much left but the wings. They are glued together and i am going to try a DD IPS Motor and Two KOKAMS. I am seriously thinking on getting another Mirage Now that I know how to launch it and just what kind of throws are needed. NOT MUCH at all!! WHAT a ROCKET! You do need a PeddleLauncher to get this into the air with the setup ihave on it.

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2003, 08:01 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,563 Posts
Man!!! And then you wonder why that guy at the trailer park has it out for you!!! Given enough power, foam melts!!!!!

I had a flight like that once and it was the best 270 degrees of controlled flight of my life. (the other 90 was another story)
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Jan 19, 2003, 03:12 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Hey Man I thought I had cleared this Up a long time ago obviously Not. I was on a Island with 14 soccer fields all seperated by dikes and lines of trees at the top of the dikes.NOT Across the street from my House I may like to overpower my stuff but i KNOW where to fly them. You Know i do Put a little thought into where I fly and WHAT I fly WHERE. For that Matter I also put a LITTLE thought into if it will get Hot enough to Melt something or not. Give me a Little credit will ya!

Kushal_22
Last edited by kushal_22; Jan 19, 2003 at 03:16 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 08:06 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,563 Posts
You deserve much credit for your endevors, your extensive research in pushing the limits of foam are comendable.
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Jan 19, 2003, 02:09 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Thanks for the comendation. I am sure you too have made advancements for our Hobby.
My next endevor is to put this motor into the Projeti. I think i found what went wrong. I was flying it at Half to 3/4 throttle It was not until i opend her right up that it went into the spin. I should have put the ZIG ZAG like Henke Put on the "Storm" (Look at the thread (First 300KM Green Plane?) I think those would have helped Greatly.

Kush