SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:19 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
crud, so you ordered the wrong motor.
It's possible on a lot of motors to push the shaft through so it fits correctly.
But don't know about yours.

This is a good choice if you want to get the right fit:
US warehouse
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:28 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
crud, so you ordered the wrong motor.
It's possible on a lot of motors to push the shaft through so it fits correctly.
But don't know about yours.

This is a good choice if you want to get the right fit:
US warehouse
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
I mounted and powered it up and it must be like 2 to 1 power ratio on 2200mah 3s using a 6x4...I used 2 pieces of 1/4 ply..one small circle and a larger circle...i put small circle inside mount and the larger one on outside and used mount bracket and have four screws going through both pieces of wood with the mount sandwiched between... it seems very solid and strong...the motor is slightly angled torward the right wing....not sure this needs to be perfectly straight or not... So do you think it is okay using this mount....I like that other motor you linked,but this one seems very good quality also..thax
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:16 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I have no idea how well that will work out.
I guess you'll just have to try it and see.
Good luck.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:37 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
I have no idea how well that will work out.
I guess you'll just have to try it and see.
Good luck.
I ended up adding to tiny washers and now motor is nice and straight... OKAY read some older posts and cg is slightly nose heavy at the dimples which should be perfect to maiden...I may wait for a friend to help me maiden this...i just hate to crash new plane on launch...I had a radjet which is similar,but not sure what to expect from the styker...thax
Last edited by hate2crash; Mar 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:47 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Nice to have new thoughts and ideas concerning the Stryker, guys! Motors and batteries are getting better all the time, and the flight envelope of the Stryker will evolve as long as you can add more power and less weight year by year.....
Basically I fly my Strykers for show (3kW) and therapy (50W) and will continue doing so, but as an advice to those on the verge of buying "new and promising" HK motors and spending your Grands by the quarters: don't bother! Get a decent ESC (CC ICE 100 green) I'm sure most will say is the over all champ in a Stryker, and one good motor instead of 39 you want to change after first flight.....
Just my 2pickles worth...
Here is my 1.8kilo Stryker with a MEGA 16/40/1.5SEC, CC ICE100 and a 5S4000 45C LiPo turning an APC 7x7sport in a decent way:
Stryker F-27: Sleipner Lunde 150912 (4 min 51 sec)
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:40 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
I have a few pictures i just saved to my pc of new styker,but can't figure out how to post them here...
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:54 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,997 Posts
in the box below the Castle advertisement, click on advanced, then click manage attachments, then select the file (picture) you want inserted and double click it, then find the words (close this window) and click on it, then click on Submit reply
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Here's my recently finished stryker...I can't wait to maiden... well that did'nt work
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:37 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Here's my recently finished stryker...I can't wait to maiden... well that did'nt work
Click "Post reply" under to the left, write what you want to post and then click the paper clip to upload pictures saved on your computer or add an url link if that's what you want to share
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Here's my recently finished stryker...I can't wait to maiden...thx guys it worked!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:06 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,349 Posts
Very nice Stryker! Please report about the driveline performance.
Best of luck

Btw: nice rack! (In the background)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Very nice Stryker! Please report about the driveline performance.
Best of luck

Btw: nice rack! (In the background)
thax Arctery! I have a ques for you... when i installed the rudders i had to force the front parts to stay down in the groove...as a result the back of plane outside of the motor mounts and up to elevens is a bit up ward... Do i need to flatten those areas out?..Other then that all seems solid...If i like this one i will most likely get another in a month or so....I have 23 planes right now,several are still in the boxes..I guess since i have only been flying approx 10 months i need to get my purchasing under control a bit...thax again UPDATE! I was careful and heated the foam that was slightly bowed a little with a blow dryer and massaged it almost perfectly flat..SHES READY!
Last edited by hate2crash; Mar 10, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
688 Posts
Stryker motor for stock mount

I have a C model that I have built following Mopormyway build log at RC Universe Official F27 Stryker Part 8: Beginners to Custom Darkness. I am very pleased with airframe (thanks Mopormyway) but I bought a 450 size 2950 outrunner that has not worked out for me, but will work on F22 which just eat a Turnigy 28-36 helicopter motor. I want to upgrade the Stryker motor (stock mount) and I have a $85 budget and a 60 amp Pulso ESC installed. I have 2, 2200 45C Nano tech 3 cell batteries, and 1 2200 45C 4 cell Nano tech battery on the way. I am interested in the ARC 28-47-1 or 28-47-1.5 motors (can't decide). The worry is the small 3.2 mm shaft. Any suggestions sticking to the $85 budget? Pros and Cons of the 2 ARC motors? Another motor for that price? I am interested in going about 100 mph as my airfields and pilot skills limit to about this speed for now.
Thanks
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:45 PM
Joined May 2010
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dumb Thumb View Post
I have a C model that I have built following Mopormyway build log at RC Universe Official F27 Stryker Part 8: Beginners to Custom Darkness. I am very pleased with airframe (thanks Mopormyway) but I bought a 450 size 2950 outrunner that has not worked out for me, but will work on F22 which just eat a Turnigy 28-36 helicopter motor. I want to upgrade the Stryker motor (stock mount) and I have a $85 budget and a 60 amp Pulso ESC installed. I have 2, 2200 45C Nano tech 3 cell batteries, and 1 2200 45C 4 cell Nano tech battery on the way. I am interested in the ARC 28-47-1 or 28-47-1.5 motors (can't decide). The worry is the small 3.2 mm shaft. Any suggestions sticking to the $85 budget? Pros and Cons of the 2 ARC motors? Another motor for that price? I am interested in going about 100 mph as my airfields and pilot skills limit to about this speed for now.
Thanks
Gary
I flyrc recommended this motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html to me and i would have bought it but i already ordered my 2700 kv which i had to spend over an hour fabricating a custom mount for... This is higher kv so you may have to use a 5x4 or 5x5 prop...I use a 6x4 with my setup and also have a 60 amp esc...Your plane is built to handle over 100mph with that extra carbon installed...With your good 3s batteries 60amp esc and this HK motor iflyrc told me about you should be between 95-125 mph depending on which prop is used,,,Plus you can always fly 1/2 to 3/4 throttle untill u want more speed...I am not familiar with that brand of esc you use,but if its a good one you should be very happy with your strykers power....I sure love the way mine powers up...My only weak link is 20c batteries,,,But i don't plan on going full power yet since the fastest plane i own does only 90 mph and i'm a newbee myself ..
Good luck!!! that above link stopped working i am almost positive this is the same motor i was recommended by iflyrc http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...or_3200kv.html
Last edited by hate2crash; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:25 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
688 Posts
Thanks for the prompt answer Hate2crash. That is the exact motor that just smoked on my F22. It is a very fast motor but did not last long. Maybe I just had a bad couple of them ,the first one broke one of the magnets in half, the second one fried the windings. You might of made the right call getting the 2700kv. I don't like how the wires come out of the back of the motor mount with my present outrunner mounted on the Stryker. I did not think of that before I bought the motor. With a inrunner they would come out of the back of the motor not through the motor mount. Did you make a motor mount like this one? http://www.2kool4u.com/stryker/blsmountescbat1.shtml
If I need to make a mount this one looks good. There is a nice custom mount that is in this thread but out of my price range. If you get some new batteries I like those Hobbyking Nanotech batteries and everyone at my flying field that has them has likes them. I bought the 45-90C rated ones and have not had one puff yet. I am happy with airframe, it turns on rails. With the 2200 3 cell batteries it glides nice and lands well. The 2 fields I fly at would be hard to land a heavy plane and unsafe for insane speeds. 90 MPH is moving!!!, mine is not that fast. Thanks again for your help.
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb