HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2013, 03:22 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,132 Posts
Most likely cause of an errant motor run is the trim position when the motor/ESC is activated ... make sure it's all the way down or else the ESC may not arm.
tkallev is online now Find More Posts by tkallev
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, West Berkshire
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
Here goes with some new questions

Now have 11 chan rx in the glider so no shortage of chans to play with now.

It has flown and the crow breaking is good and the elev adjust is now OK when in crow.

I have not got along with the throttle on the slider on the side, it is most unatural and have now managed to get it to work on AUX 3 on MOTO and SPOI. (at least in monitor it works OK).

So starting from scratch..

Want to set up the throttle to only function on CRUISE / THERM and not in LAND where I want to the crow to be active.

Can only currently turn off the motor on another switch to disable when landing.

Also it would appear that trims are not set to be common between GLID flight modes..is this normal ?

Can upload my Mystique program if someone wants to look at it ?

Jon.
jengoe is offline Find More Posts by jengoe
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
884 Posts
Jon,

The problem with putting the crow and throttle on the same stick is that the conventional throttle idle position and the non-crow position are on the opposite end of the stick travel. Using the conventional positions, you have to reposition the stick from one end to the other as you change from cruise flight mode to landing and vice versa. This can get a little tricky if you want to have a burst of power while landing. I've set up my stick to do both but I reversed the travel for crow. The mere suggestion of pushing the stick forward for crow sends some people into orbit.

If you are using a DSX11, your transmitter functions differently than my JR11X. What you need is to have the MOTOR SYSTEM menu in the function list active. On mine, the [OUT] of either the MOTO (same as GEAR on the 11X) or AUX3 channels have to be set to MOT in the DEVICE SELECT menu. One other thing that has to be done is to set the [DEVICE] for one of these two channels to the SPOI STK. Play around with the DEVICE SELECT to see what you can do to get the MOTOR SYSTEM menu active.

Once the MOTOR SYSTEM menu is active, you can set motor hold for the landing mode. Set up your BRAKE SYSTEM menu for the crow to be active only for landing mode.

Concerning trims, the rudder and aileron trims can be either common for all modes or flight mode specific. Go to the TRIM SYSTEM menu and make the selection. The option on your transmitter may only be available if you have first established flight modes. The other trims are always flight mode specific in GLID if you have flight modes.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:14 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
884 Posts
Aileron-to-Flap Trim

A problem has been reported with the XG11 aileron-to-flap mix trim option, page 1 of the FLAPERON MIX menu. It applies to JR11X that has been upgraded to the XG11 software and probably to those that haven't been upgraded as well. When the mix is negative, the activated aileron trim moves the flap in the wrong direction. See message #263 of http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post25909097

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest