SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,628 Posts
Flying with 2402D and V2 are fine match. Devo 7 tx has ball bearing gimbals and host of options that 2402D doesn't have. V2 is excellent flyer , but V1 is even better..I know I have both and use Devo 7. 7e/8s/10/12 have even more options. How ever more moola $$$. Right now I have a new 2402D extra/ plus today a Devo 7TX. I may be inclined to offer them as trade items. I fly all sorts of models RC/UC FF/ power/ electric etc. Maybe a possible trade for heli/ kit or maybe something else of interest. Trade and only $$ is postage on both ends. Any interest send p/m. Sorry but CONUS only USA. No this is not an add as I might just hold them as backup , but see there might be folks in need of these. I am active flyer and knoiw advantage of full size Walkrea TX's. Happy flying,Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,256 Posts
Hey guys I had made this video and posted this a while back in another thread where someone was having trouble getting into 3 axis mode on the 2402d and noticed it seems we have quite a few new purchaser's in the last little bit so thought I'd throw it up here as well since it might be of help to anyone that purchased the 2402d and doesn't fully understand the chinglish in the manual.

Walkera Ladybird / 2402D Engage 3 & 6 axis flight mode (3 min 59 sec)
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:52 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
I was fortunate enough to figure it out after reading through the manual instructions twice, but you're right, it takes a minute to figure out. Your video will surely be useful to many
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,863 Posts
Whipped up an LED set for the little ladybird tonight..

When I ran off the same battery, the lights were pretty dim. Strapped another battery on and nice and bright at the expense of weight. Still flew good enough to fly over my neighbor's house and down the block and back ;D

I am going to find and order the smallest 1 cell lipo I can find for it.

Night flying is sick!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:42 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Whipped up an LED set for the little ladybird tonight..

When I ran off the same battery, the lights were pretty dim. Strapped another battery on and nice and bright at the expense of weight. Still flew good enough to fly over my neighbor's house and down the block and back ;D

I am going to find and order the smallest 1 cell lipo I can find for it.

Night flying is sick!
Alright, another night flier!

Looks like it might be kind of heavy though with the extra battery. What's the total flying weight? The flying weight of my LB including the Hyperion 240mAh 25C LiPo and the 9 LED light set I made up is 35.25 grams.

Being able to fly in low light conditions is fun for sure.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,863 Posts
It was definitely awesome!!

I have a few old "toy" rc's that I plan on disecting tonight to pull a battery.. I know there's some small 1s batts in those micro helis and planes.. I'll find something to work!

I didn't weigh it yet, I will do that when I find a better battery for it..
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:02 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
I had a chance to shoot a short little video outside this morning...lots of fun!

Ladybird Lights 2 (0 min 44 sec)

It was pretty cold this morning so I didn't fly too long.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
parts support in the US, I think the new Helimax quad that Tower hobbies is going to have uses similar parts as the LB..
I do see the motor mounts are a little different but maybe useable. I like the lid at least LOL
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Last edited by muck76; Nov 09, 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: more research
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:33 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Getting envious of the led sets popping up! I'm still waiting on the power lead to arrive so I can strap my set onto the ladybird.

Hopefully the postal service will be nice to me today.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
when trying to flip and roll this, i managed to break the body, one blade, and the battery came out hard enough that it broke the tray that holds it on..... Good thing i started making an order earlier today!

Trying to figure out where i went wrong 3 times LOL.. I was plenty high but it seemed to come down towards the ground with a vengeance. Do you continue to hold the stick to flip or just rock it once?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
Trying to figure out where i went wrong 3 times LOL.. I was plenty high but it seemed to come down towards the ground with a vengeance. Do you continue to hold the stick to flip or just rock it once?
The clones with "auto-flip" do not need to hold the stick,
but with the mQx (I have), Walkera LB (do not have) and most other multi-rotors,
one needs to hold the stick.
Often, it also helps to lower throttle while inverted so as not to lose as much altitude, but with the mQx, some minimum throttle is needed to keep the motors turning.
As for height, I started by matching height with a 75 foot tall tree. I need less now.

I also practiced on some multi-rotor add-on models for the FMS simulator before trying for real.

A pointer to some videos that were useful for me:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428309
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
The clones with "auto-flip" do not need to hold the stick,
but with the mQx (I have), Walkera LB (do not have) and most other multi-rotors,
one needs to hold the stick.
Often, it also helps to lower throttle while inverted so as not to lose as much altitude, but with the mQx, some minimum throttle is needed to keep the motors turning.
As for height, I started by matching height with a 75 foot tall tree. I need less now.

I also practiced on some multi-rotor add-on models for the FMS simulator before trying for real.

A pointer to some videos that were useful for me:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428309
thanks, wish the vids worked on my browser. I'll have to try from home later too
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Jun 2008
404 Posts
V-1 Ladybird QR

CHECK OUT THIS GOOD DEAL.....!!!! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767392
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,628 Posts
More flying on V1 and final view is one fine flying machine. Hands down you can not beat this in its size. I knew it was good but exceeds what I expected.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yeah, I've been so impressed by this little thing. I was messing around and hovering it in the bedroom last night, and just rocking it from side to side. Very stable, and fun to throw around. I love the sound of angry bees it makes. I don't however, like the high pitched whine it emits. I assume this is normal for all of them...

I'm going to throw a FPV system on it after I figure out what I want to order. I still have more research to do. Most people are going with a 5.8 micro system and cloverleaf, but I'm still intrigued with the 2.4 nano cam/transmitter combo. I've seen reports that interference isn't a big issue. I've got more reading to do!