Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:44 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
hahah

myrcmart has rx's that were sent to them in December stamped July 2010. RX-01.

Odd cause I thought the new rx was rx-06?
Seems I read somewhere here in the forums that they are going to an odd number system with the new ones, like RX-01, RX-03, RX-05 etc.

But for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw this. If I am correct then RX-01 is newer than RX-06.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:06 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
i hope so because i am ordering one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Seems I read somewhere here in the forums that they are going to an odd number system with the new ones, like RX-01, RX-03, RX-05 etc.

But for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw this. If I am correct then RX-01 is newer than RX-06.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:02 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,865 Posts
Quote:
hahah

myrcmart has rx's that were sent to them in December stamped July 2010. RX-01.

Odd cause I thought the new rx was rx-06?
I shall quote myself (from just a few postings above your question) to answer this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Don't trust the pictures. Some sites even host the pictures of the low tail Solo Pro I or II and yet sell the V-series. Did you contact them and asked what the current stock is? The partnumber is identical to what Buzzflyer sells as Bravo SX receiver.

For reference, the timeline of SP receivers: RX-02, then came RX-04 (avoid, has an aileron/elevator mix), RX-06 (first one with new servo design) and now RX-01. So it seems like they start using the odd numbers from now on. I expect a newer receiver to be labeled RX-03 should it come someday.
So like Frieslander suggested, they used even numbers first, 02,04 and 06, and now started again with 01. RX-01 is the latest receiver for the SP-series, including the Bravo SX.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
Making ya work eh SP?

Quote:
I shall quote myself (from just a few postings above your question) to answer this...

So like Frieslander suggested, they used even numbers first, 02,04 and 06, and now started again with 01. RX-01 is the latest receiver for the SP-series, including the Bravo SX.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:04 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,865 Posts
Quote:
Making ya work eh SP?
If I have to repeat myself, yes...

So you decided to give your Solo Pro a go again, after a little "cool down period"? Glad to have you back on board, and I hope you for once start having luck with the next board you install in your heli. I am starting to believe they send you faulty items on purpose, treating you as a heli part dumpsite...

Btw, for those that are going to try the Hobby King 150 mAh NE connector type battery, these need a few cycles to "get going". On some batteries I could only fly around 4 minutes before the heli started spiralling down, but a few cycles later I got a full 5 minutes from them, with enough power to land. I also need less right trim to hold the tail than in the beginning. Voltage when coming from the charger has also improved. Some would not get higher than 4.18V freshly charged, and drop to 4.15 soon after that, now they read 4.24V and drop to 4.22V at most. Guess that explains the difference in tail trim, higher voltage means better tail reaction.

Seems like these 150s come from a different source than their 120 mAh alternative batteries. Those were at full performance right from the start, giving over 7 minutes in the Solo Pro. Just hope the 150s have the same life expectancy as the 120s then...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:36 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Hi,
did it - removed the canopy without damaging - did not disassemble the tail part.
For those who wanna see inside of the Bravo SX and the difference to the Solo Pro:

There is only the light, and the main frame, and the longer tail as difference to the Solo Pro.
Main motors seem to be the same, tail motor of Bravo SX is bigger.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:53 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Today I also received my MIA Microflight S300 kit, which I have ordered for one of my Solo Pros some time ago.
But as a Bravo SX was already opened, I thought, try to take a Bravo SX for the mod. But I took a Solo Pro RX (without light).
Had to do some modifications at the main frame for mounting the tail and the canopy.
Never thought, that this would work so well.
The Bravo SX MIA S300 flies SUPER! Even more stable than the Bravo SX! Only flew some small batteries till now (from my Eflite S300), so flight time is not "that good" yet.
Nearly as good as the flight stability: The S300 Bravo SX is not that noisy as the Bravo SX
You can hear it on the video (also made a video when flying with one hand and filming with the other one - but this ended in a slight cras which I do not want to publish ).

Nine Eagles Bravo SX - MIA Microflight S300 (0 min 31 sec)

Some pics:

I am really thrilled of the Bravo SX MIA Microflight S300! - Bigger, better batteries will be a further improvement. Guess, also will improve the "end of the tail" (with a rubber or whatever - tail is too long for the MIA tube).

Walter
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
Wow that looks really slick.

Makes me want one lol

Very nice job and good idea.!!

Very impressed with look!

[QUOTE=Donaldsneffe;16824850]Today I also received my MIA Microflight S300 kit, which I have ordered for one of my Solo Pros some time ago.
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Dec 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:57 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,865 Posts
Nice pictures and a well succeeded conversion on the MIA kit.

As for the main motor of the Bravo SX, it has a different part number than the Solo Pro motor, so it should be different:

Nine Eagles Solo PRO Motor - NE4902002
Item Id: NE4902002

Bravo SX Main Motor
Item Id: NE402320013A
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:11 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Hi,
thanks.
The wires are of a smaller AWG in the Solo Pro.
Donno, if there is a further difference. The size should be the same, exactly? (the Solo Pro motor on the pic is my very eldest one, so it is not so shiny and white any more).

Walter
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:16 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,
thanks.
The wires are of a smaller AWG in the Solo Pro.
Donno, if there is a further difference. The size should be the same, exactly? (the Solo Pro motor on the pic is my very eldest one, so it is not so shiny and white any more).

Walter
Perhaps the wires are bigger to allow more current to go to the motor? The can looks identical, I was expecting it to be longer, like the tail motor. Well, if it's the same motor on the inside, fine, the Solo Pro motors are quite reliable. I just hope they don't get too hot since they are enclosed in that scale fuselage now.

Btw, what is the weight of the MIA Bravo SX?

And can you make bigger pictures of the frame? 800 x 600 doesn't show much details. And a video on how to remove the canopy without damage would be awesome, I think many will be struggling with that.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:01 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Hi,
I think, a video of removing the canopy is not useful.
I have to admit, that in this (the blue) Bravo SX the front shield was already gone in two halfs, so this was not a problem any more (kissing the wall...).
This could be a major problem in a very new Bravo SX (did not try it on another one than the dark blue one).
The tail is not really a problem, because one can bend the lower part of the tail and the canopy, so that the heli can be taken out - I even did not have to remove the rotorhead.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:02 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Quote:
And can you make bigger pictures of the frame?
Of the Bravo SX frame or of the (modified) Bravo SX Mia frame?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:33 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Of the Bravo SX frame or of the (modified) Bravo SX Mia frame?
How about both?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:03 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,434 Posts
Was a trap
I dont wanna disassemble another Bravo SX (it is still not that easy).
So I can only post pics of the modified frame of the Mia 300 Bravo SX.

Will do it later, ... have to work sometimes...

Walter