HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:15 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Sep 2013
63 Posts
Discussion
Voltage readings/warnings using FSBV-01? Battery jumping low

I've been through all the tutorials and setup vids, and I'm positive this system is set up correct... but maybe I'm missing something. (I've got the sensor getting its reading straight from the positive and negative leads from battery)

I set my Taranis to give me audible warnings (battery low, battery critical) at 11.8v and 11.6v for my tricopter. My range is set to 19.7 due to 6:1 multiplier to get an accurate readout on my transmitter of my battery's total voltage, due to scaling, warnings at 11.43 and 11.12.

Started flight with full battery, and I suppose I'm getting my warnings VERY early because I didn't account for battery being under load during flight. How do y'all adjust your settings to accommodate?
gibby mcfender is offline Find More Posts by gibby mcfender
Last edited by gibby mcfender; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2015, 01:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
4,649 Posts
It really does depend on Exactly which battery you use and what motors/props are on your copter and how you fly.
This is the same problem when setting up one of those simple LiPo alarms. At what Voltage per cell is best? 3.5, 3.4 or 3.3V per Cell.
You will need to experiment so that after landing the battery is at 3.7Volt per cell with No Load. This should be 80% discharged. However, you then need to verify the capacity returned to the battery by the charger.
Adjust Voltage warning levels and repeat.
This is different for different Brand and C ratings so you need to do this for each battery.
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:35 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Sep 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
It really does depend on Exactly which battery you use and what motors/props are on your copter and how you fly.
This is the same problem when setting up one of those simple LiPo alarms. At what Voltage per cell is best? 3.5, 3.4 or 3.3V per Cell.
You will need to experiment so that after landing the battery is at 3.7Volt per cell with No Load. This should be 80% discharged. However, you then need to verify the capacity returned to the battery by the charger.
Adjust Voltage warning levels and repeat.
This is different for different Brand and C ratings so you need to do this for each battery.
Cool Thanks for the info!
gibby mcfender is offline Find More Posts by gibby mcfender