SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 02, 2007, 07:35 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Discussion
Question for 9CH owners about the "gyro sense" menu

I've been trying to set up my GY401 according to the Finless Bob video and it was not working the same as the one on the video. The 9CH has a "mix" option at the top of the gyro sense menu which can be either activated or inhibited. I was thinking it should be activated so that's how I had it set. I then found that if I inhibited it that my GY401 started working just like Finless had his working in the video.
Anyone know what the "mix" option is for on this particular 9CH menu? BTW he was using a 7CH in the video.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:02 PM
Joined Jul 2006
6 Posts
hi
mix has to be act. and mode has to be GY. Set rate N,1 idle,2 idle 32% avc etc.
kleff23 is offline Find More Posts by kleff23
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:31 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
That's the problem though, with the mix activated the gyro isn't behaving the same as the one in the video.
Finless Bob has the gyro sense menu set to switch E, which is three position. The values are UP 32% AVCS, CTR 32% AVCS and DWN 50% Normal. He then states that you should initialize and look for a solid LED indication on the gyro. If you get a blinking LED you are supposed to reverse the channel 5 direction which should give you the solid LED indication of HH mode.
Heres the rub, with that mix parameter set to active, after the gyro iniltalizes I get a solid LED indication no matter which direction channel 5 is set to. That doesn't jibe with the video. If I inhibit that mix the gyro indicator works just exactly as I've stated above and matches what the video says.
Finless Bob is using a 7CH to do the programming though. That's why I'm wondering what the heck is going on.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Jun 02, 2007, 10:55 PM
Joined Jul 2006
6 Posts
set the sw to cond. in the gyro menu and ch5 to N.I have this set up for my trex450se and work a++++.My radio is the 9C super.
kleff23 is offline Find More Posts by kleff23