HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2014, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2014
7 Posts
Discussion
What's Next?

My first year in copters. I have honed my skills outside with cheap 4 channel copters like V911's, V912's, Syma F-3, and Hisky HFP 100...and indoors with a Blade mCX. They all fly great and I've had very few mechanical problems. Really love the hobby. Now I'm looking to move up in price and quality over the winter. I'd like to stick with one brand so I could buy a decent transmitter like the Spektrum 6x6i or Futaba and use it to control all my new copters.
My question is what is a good brand that won't break the bank yet still is good quality and also durable. I don't want something that I will continually have to work on to keep it running. What do you feel is the best brand for a person like me?
Thanks for your help.
brightonflier is offline Find More Posts by brightonflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 02:55 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,504 Posts
I think you need to define a few more parameters -- what kind of budget are you thinking about, do you want to fly outdoors or just indoors or both, and where are you located (might influence what brands are easily available to you)?

I went straight to a T-Rex 500 after I'd learned on a 4-channel coaxial, because I wanted something to fly outdoors in windy weather, and Align is well supported here. Yesterday I saw an E-Flite Blade 450 at our club, and was very impressed by it, though it's much smaller than my 500 and will probably not handle wind so well.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn