HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2014, 06:59 AM
United States, PA, Carrolltown
Joined Feb 2008
5 Posts
Discussion
Vintage YOSHIOKA Viking

I was able to find an old NIB Yoshioka Viking - after a little research I found out these planes were made by master craftsmen who took great pride in their product, problem is, I've never built one before, (have done a few guillows models and some repair work on an old Avistar trainer that I smashed a few times.. Trying to decide weather to give it a shot or sell it to someone who can appreciate it and do a good job. Anybody ever build one of these, or any other Yoshioka plane? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated - if I do build it, I'm afraid it will just hang from the ceiling and I'll always wonder what it would fly like! (Oh!, and lucky for me (or whoever), I was surprised to find the plans to be translated to English)
mattbopp is offline Find More Posts by mattbopp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:15 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,544 Posts
Quote:
these planes were made by master craftsmen who took great pride in their product,
Well the company founder was Tsugutaka Yoshioka, winner of the 1973 World F3A Aerobatic Champs with his famous Blue Angel model, so it's probably true. You don't get that good without taking care of the details.

Build and enjoy

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:50 PM
United States, PA, Carrolltown
Joined Feb 2008
5 Posts
Thanks Ray! At this point I'm just learning how to learn to make sense of this box of sticks - this site will certainly be a great help!
mattbopp is offline Find More Posts by mattbopp
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:22 PM
United States, WI, Elm Grove
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
I've had several of the 70s Japanese kits, and the quality doesn't get any better. MK, Kato and the Marukata/Royal kits are examples of high quality kits. I would expect your kit to be equally nice. Maybe a little carving to do, though. If you build it please post here.

Jim
jjscott is offline Find More Posts by jjscott