HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 08:04 PM
WZ9V, AMA 409852
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Jan 2007
1,066 Posts
I noticed a significant increase in available throttle when switching form beginner to intermediate. So I think Beginner is meant to fly slow.
dfruehwald is online now Find More Posts by dfruehwald
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:38 PM
WZ9V, AMA 409852
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Jan 2007
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.K View Post
I get the divider. .well at least I hope so. My boss might get upset if I suddenly forgot.

It just didnt click that the ESC has servo level inputs.
I am fairly new to the hobby.

edit: and yea, I read it...but i didnt READ it.

The BLHeli firmware uses the normal PPM input to sense the PWM signal so I figure it's limited to about 6V Max which is significantly less than 2S or 3S. This is just an assumption on my part though.
dfruehwald is online now Find More Posts by dfruehwald
Old Today, 09:47 PM
United States, IL, Belleville
Joined Oct 2006
535 Posts
I need to get these batteries for my FPV asap, I would have had some great footage today..

I flew my Delta Ray with about 6-10 massive scavenger birds. They birds really seem to like checking out the Delta Ray and cruising around near it, but after a while they get bored and fly out further and occasionally another one comes back to check it out, it was really cool to fly with them.

Also... the hot glue fix held up great today. I flew 3 battery packs in advanced mode and even had a nose impact which popped off the rubber nose cap and it didn't even break at the fixed nose piece point, so I just re-attached the rubber nose cap with a dab of hot glue and all was well. Really loving this plane, flying inverted with loops and rolls is a blast, I'm getting good fast with this plane.
JUCD VPR is online now Find More Posts by JUCD VPR
Old Today, 10:12 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
963 Posts
This was a perfect flying weather day! First time backup since the replacing of motors and receiver board because of using a 3s battery. Remember I mentioned that I used the water break-in technique to seat the brushes in the new motors ? My impression is that the motors are much quieter. Speed seems a bit faster but not a quantum leap. Flew all seven battery packs this afternoon.
Maybe I should get another and with some modifications create a stand-way-off scale B-58 Hustler ?
Jim Petro is online now Find More Posts by Jim Petro