HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by quitcherbitchen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,482 Posts
Build Log
Stuka Flaps

Put some extensions on my Durafly Stuka's flaps. Used my Robart pin hinge method. I had to reinforce the area that the pins went in the wing with fiberglass as there was a lot of torsional movement. Credit card material is key as it is flexible enough to let you take the whole thing apart if you need too.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Put some extensions on my Durafly Stuka's flaps. Used my Robart pin hinge method. I had to reinforce the area that the pins went in the wing with fiberglass as there was a lot of torsional movement. Credit card material is key as it is flexible enough to let you take the whole thing apart if you need too.
I there a RC Groups thread on this plane
meanangel is offline Find More Posts by meanangel
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,482 Posts
Yes, here is the linkhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650581
Old Apr 07, 2013, 10:11 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,482 Posts
I think that this mod is a necessity for this plane. I flew my Skyraider with the Flaps a little too up and it flew like a scalded cat or like the Durafly Stuka. I always gave credit to the two blade prop for taming this plane, but I think the flap mod has more to do with it. It does fly better though with a two blade 12x6 apc prop. Virtually no tail swing on take off. This is one of my favorite planes due to its toughness and flight characteristics.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,482 Posts
Here are some pictures to show how the inner flap should look like compared to the stock angle which tends to make this plane fly like a pylon plane.