HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:30 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,916 Posts
Discussion
CellPro 4S Warranty

The CellPro 4S that we were using for the WAA-08 adventure quit working. The pilot in IN sent me the charger and it simply does not charge the battery. It powers on, indications are all fine, but when you plug the battery in to charge, it does not charge.

Question.

Is it worth sending back for repair? It'll probably cost $10 or so to mail but do not know how much it would cost to repair the charger. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,175 Posts
It might be worth doing a little troubleshooting first. The Cellpro4s starts the charge when it detects the battery. If the charge cycle is not starting I would double check the adapter being used to connect to the battery. Use DVM at the end that goes into the charger and make sure all cells are seen at the connector. FMA wiring scheme is used so the last cell will have its positive on the last pin (red) going into the charger.

If the charger needs to be sent in and its under warranty, I'd say its still worth it. I have one I bought in 2007 and dispite having several other chargers, the Cellpro 4s is nice very small charger for my small pack needs. It packs in nicely with my small models. Also, I'm not so sure about that shipping quote. If packed in a small box you should be able to ship it via the postal service for much less. Good luck and let know how it turns out.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Last edited by Gregor99; Oct 04, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,916 Posts
I tried a differerent adapter and no change. The charger was reading all cells so it looks to be a charger problem.

Frank
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:02 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,175 Posts
Ah, so it sees the voltage of all cells? How long have you let it sit? Scroll over the current screen and it should slowly ramp up within a minute. What is the current screen showing? How long did you let it sit? Make sure you are in LiPo mode.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:37 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
The CellPro 4S that we were using for the WAA-08 adventure quit working. The pilot in IN sent me the charger and it simply does not charge the battery. It powers on, indications are all fine, but when you plug the battery in to charge, it does not charge.

Question.

Is it worth sending back for repair? It'll probably cost $10 or so to mail but do not know how much it would cost to repair the charger. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Frank
Hi,

Please send the charger in to me and I will get you all fixed up. Please add a note that you talked to me on RCG and I will get that right out for you. Are you on active duty? Thanks.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Hi,

Please send the charger in to me and I will get you all fixed up. Please add a note that you talked to me on RCG and I will get that right out for you. Are you on active duty? Thanks.
Awesome! Thanks Howard!

Should I send it to the 3520 Sugarloaf Parkway address?

Retired from the USAFnow, but lucky enough to still be serving.

Frank