SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:36 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Redwing RC 73" span SBACH 342 pictures!

Hey guys and gals, here are the pictures I promised of my SBACH 342 from www.redwingrc.com Lucky for me I talked my wonderful wife Kristy (kmopar69) into holding the plane for me.

I really like the look of this plane! Cant wait till my tour in Afghanistan is over so I can get it in the air.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:23 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,423 Posts
Nice plane...umm...Laine!

The Sbach's looks are growing on me. I really like the wing shape...really tough-looking. That's gonna look good flying down at Hodges for SEFF!

Glad you are enjoying your time at home!

Andy
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:58 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,078 Posts
Fantastic! Those colors look great.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:29 AM
Scratchest Aeromodelling;-)
Visakhapatnam, INDIA
Joined Sep 2008
314 Posts
Love you Laine... 'coz you got a big Plane!

Love you Laine...
'coz you got a big Plane !
Merog is offline Find More Posts by Merog
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:27 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks guys. Im on my way back to Kandahar tomorrow morning (the 11th of Nov). On my way to the airport I'll be dropping the SBACH off at www.air2art.com to get some airbrush work done on it while Im gone.

The basic plan is to have the Castle Creations logos slathered all over it. Other than that, I will leave the rest up to the artist! Im sure he is much more creative than I am, so its his choice as to what he will do to it. Plus, that makes it more fun, its a surprise to all of us when we see the finished product!

Laine.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:13 PM
Inanity-Free Zone
Delaware
Joined Jan 2006
542 Posts
Laine,

Funny story from tonight...Do you know a Lt.Col. Sean Kane? I'm not sure of the spelling of either the first or last names, I'm just going by the sound. This guy is doctor, MD type. He apparently was at Fort Campbell for awhile and now is at Fort Bragg. According to his family he was in Afganistan recently.

Ralph
RCMC is offline Find More Posts by RCMC
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:46 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Hmmm... LTC Kane... not ringing a bell, but then again, my bell aint what it used to be.\

Laine.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:48 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
Laine, I got to thinking (danger Will Robinson!) the other day and I'm scared this poor bird might suffer from storage and lack of loving care. How about you just have it sent to me, after the custom graphics, and I'll assemble/fly and cuddle it while your gone? Please don't forget to send me your Credit Card and/or all parts for the build. I'm just here trying to help you out.

Dan

Me & the wife wish you a safe trip and a REALLY SAFE deployment. My town is really proud of ALL OF YOU VETERANS that are serving us. We're also so VERY PROUD of the wives and families that are married to those veterans. It's a pain on both sides and our empathy goes out to all of you.
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Hey Laine hope all is well...

i gotta bit of a problem... ive plum wore out my bagram rc club shirt... :'( need a new one maybe or the new and bangin club over there
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:45 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, nice try Dan! I wont fall for that one (not again anyway). You know I would send it to you in a heart beat if I could buddy! I owe you a turn on the sticks for sure! Also, thank you and your town too. You all have been great to me and it is VERY appreciated!

Paintz, yeah, I feel your pain on that one man. I have about 6 of them around here, between me, the wife and the kids, they are just about done for too! Might have to talk to Castle again and see if they wanna do another run!

Laine.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:59 PM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Laine,

What are you gonna put in that beauty? How many lipo's?

Matt
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:02 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
LOL, nice try Dan! I wont fall for that one (not again anyway).
Laine.
Hah! don't threaten me buddy or I'll fly my wife down to meet your wife. Danged if I'm going down in flames alone...Kristy would NEVER even let you even ride in the truck after my wifes visit. Who loves ya brother? Stay safe my friend. That goes for all those serving with you.

I can't begin to tell you nor explain the heartfelt thanks from so many of the people here in town that appreciate what each and every soldier goes through.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:26 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Goin with a Neu motor, Castle ESC and BEC and 8S lipos more than likely. Not sure what servos yet, probably some digital Hitecs though.

LOL Dan, you are probably right. You guys should come to SEFF, the wife and I plan to be there for the week. Hope it all works out and we can both go.

Laine.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 03:48 PM
"Where are the shovels?"
Joined Apr 2010
818 Posts
This will be sweet at the field. What lines.

Video!
wise guy is offline Find More Posts by wise guy
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:06 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thans Wiseguy. Im lookin forward to flyin the beasty!

Laine.