SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2014, 03:09 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
437 Posts
Discussion
Why is there no Horizon Hobby forum?

Am I missing it? I see some of the other retailers have threads but I can't see one for HH.
skytek is offline Find More Posts by skytek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:40 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek View Post
Am I missing it? I see some of the other retailers have threads but I can't see one for HH.
They are really busy this holiday season.
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; Nov 28, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:30 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
437 Posts
I mean in RCgroups, there's no dedicated forum or thread for HH discussion, is there?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:49 PM
Lou
AMA? Not needed, too expensive
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,802 Posts
Probably because they know better. A vendor with a space here is generally expected to dedicate an employee or two to answer questions. When vendors do that then they often have things aired in public in a way they would rather not. Frankly, it is a smart move on their part, at least from a CSR point of view. Not to mention they would have to pay for the space as a vendor.

HH seems to prefer to do their support and question answering via their phone or their email.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
437 Posts
Yeah, smart company and high quality service too. It's just a pity their website is broken 3 out of every 4 times I try to order something. I have never successfully placed an order. Around deal times it's just so full of errors I'm unable to.
Last edited by skytek; Nov 29, 2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 06:20 PM
Lou
AMA? Not needed, too expensive
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,802 Posts
Hmmmm .... that may well have been an issue, the web site. As I recall, around the middle of the year I had a good bit of trouble with the HH site working on FF and IE. Enough so that I quit visiting the sight. I even tried disabling my standard security stuff I use and that did not help.

I believe though those issues have been ironed out. You can do a practise purchase just to see if the problems have been cleared up.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2014, 06:50 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
437 Posts
Yeah the site does seem to have bugs, unless it just gets overloaded at deal times. I only seem to want things from the site directly (instead of going to my LHS) when they are doing good deals and every time I try the site just times out or gives me error messages or things don't display properly. I have a very powerful system too and an IT savvy so it's not a technical issue on my end. I'm guessing their site just gets bogged down with traffic sometimes.