HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
United States, PA, Richboro
Joined Oct 2003
94 Posts
full diagnostic was perhaps the wrong phrase to use. the identify portion does just that - it runs the motor to see what type is connected to the ESC.

it seems as if the sine wave ESCs require a larger gain signal from the flight controller to initiate rotation.

my guess is that a new flight controller firmware update will bump up the initial gain signal thats sent to ESCs that are sine wave, which would result in the motor test working, as well as increased idle speeds.
wkderf is online now Find More Posts by wkderf
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
Zero Cash Money
United States, CA, NORTHRIDGE
Joined Nov 2013
2,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxflats View Post
I currently have an H3-3D but am unhappy with it. Using the DJI OSD and Immersion RC vtx, how would I be able to incorporate a third party stand alone gimbal for gopro and still receive live video and telemetry data? Is it possible?
Just have to get a third party video usb plug that goes in to the GoPro and then feed video to the OSD unit!

Some have a 5 volt connection on the USB so getting video from the GoPro but also charge the GoPro!!
D Dale is online now Find More Posts by D Dale
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
OldOne
United States, TX, Groves
Joined Aug 2013
522 Posts
Q450 clear arms from HK.

I am still waiting on my replacement F550 top/bottom plates but I was just testing the flex of the arms compared to real dji f550 arms. They flex about an extra 6-10 degrees when I twist them but only an extra 2-4 degrees lengthwise flex. The mounting holes match real dji top and bottom plates perfectly. They are not glass filled so that accounts for the extra flex.

Someone who can tolerate the extra flex, these would work fine. I would not do a hard punchout with those though.
losthislove67 is online now Find More Posts by losthislove67
Old Today, 12:13 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Aug 2014
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
OK did the test!!
So APC 1147 props... Single motor 360gr of thrust at 50% throttle 3.94 amps,
Dual motors... 660gr of thrust at 50% 7.64amps 94 watts
Dual motor 1150gr thrust at 75% throttle 18.8 amps 110 watts!
Now I also ran a heat test... so letting it run at 50% throttle and every minute running it up to 75% throttle for 15seconds! after 5 minutes the top motor was 115 degrees Fahrenheit bottom motor was 110 degrees Fahrenheit with a ambient room temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
This mite be too much prop for summer time... that is a 50 degree difference!
Thanks very helpful, especially the temp. I will go with the APC 1047 on the 2213. For now since we are still building it and we are likely to crash as my son will fly it more than f450. I will use the cheaper 9450 and 1038, then replace them with 1047

Quote:
Hey Guys...
Here is my first attempt on a X8!!

I used Aerial MOB Arm Extensions, and pushed the motors out so I could run up to 12 inch props... the reason is for that is, so the bottom prop would clear landing gear.. SO now it's an F500 quad!
AUW 1560 (without battery) with DJI white opto 30 amp esc's with DJI E300 920kv motors, DJI 1038 props and a Naza Lite!

With a 3S 5000mah Venom 50C, it pulls a whopping 23 amps to hover, which is right on track since each arm is pulling 4.5 amps... It takes around 38% throttle to hover in Manual!
I might go the x8 route as well on our super h 600. But that would be after.
Jkyamog is online now Find More Posts by Jkyamog
Old Today, 12:16 AM
Zero Cash Money
United States, CA, NORTHRIDGE
Joined Nov 2013
2,077 Posts
This is Funny... I think

Just saw this...

The Drones (1 min 3 sec)
D Dale is online now Find More Posts by D Dale
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:28 AM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,536 Posts
Audi

I think its funny - nice homage to "The Birds" with the woman in the kiosk etc. At least no gore ...
Supreme Balloon is online now Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:56 AM
DWA
John 3:16
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Dec 2004
11,650 Posts
Quote:
That was funny, kind of crazy too. Crazy to think how mainstream multirotors are now.

Only sad thing is it doesn't help the image of the multirotor.
I think most people have already formed their opinions and they will think what they think of it
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:58 AM
DWA
John 3:16
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Dec 2004
11,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Balloon View Post
I think its funny - nice homage to "The Birds" with the woman in the kiosk etc. At least no gore ...
True that was a modern day "The Birds"
Some one could make a cheap film using this idea.
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:19 AM
Scott
Clovis,Ca.
Joined Sep 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
True that was a modern day "The Birds"
Some one could make a cheap film using this idea.
I think Alfred Hitchcock would do that if he was still around. LOL It would only be cheap if you used CGI because that would be just wrong and sad to destroy that many MR's to make such a movie.
n-2-stuff is online now Find More Posts by n-2-stuff