SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jan 2015
20 Posts
I thought I'd add a follow-up about flying my Gee Bee, since I've gotten in around a dozen flights since Saturday. First of all, nothing I have to say is new -- just confirming what others have indicated.

In hopes of longer flight times, I ordered two of Babbelbat's BB Hype 330mAh 2S batteries. Worth every penny, with definitely longer flight times. You have to mount them transversely, back a bit, to get the CG right. I bought a box of Velcro (actual brand) 5/8" dia. "thin clear fasteners" and use these on batteries and to improve upon the velcro installed in these UMX planes, which on my planes doesn't work well at all. I don't think I'd want this larger battery shifting or coming loose entirely during a loop! I also changed to the GWS 5030 prop (Babbelbat sells these as well). I'm not in a position to swear the performance is improved (since I fly at 60% most of the time), but I CAN attest to the claim that this prop eliminates the overcurrent protection issue (and sudden motor cut-out). That's really useful -- I had been very careful to run out the engine 10-20 seconds every flight to overcome that problem -- and the ONE time I forgot? You guessed it -- great take-off, steep climb out to 15 feet -- then straight down!

Nick in Florida
MrSmoothie is offline Find More Posts by MrSmoothie
to remove ads between posts