New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2015, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by Foamflyer54
Joined Nov 2015
3 Posts
Simple foam board fuselages

After using the tubular fuselage from Experimental Airlines(amazing designs!), I decided to try making a tapered fuselage which tapers inward towards the tail. I first drew my own plans from scratch which were modeled off of a Cessna or a bush plane. I cut out two of these for the two sides. Then, I cut out the top and bottom of the plane which was cut to match the taper of the sides. Before I glued it all together, I covered it with packing tape(another great idea from experimental airlines!). I glued a tail on and attached a 30" armin wing with a 5.5" chord. Then followed the the taper for the front of the aircraft and a windshield which I colored black with an expo whiteboard marker. The windshield adds and aesthetic touch and doubles as the hatch to access the battery and hatch(the plane is not currently complete but parts will arrive soon).

Experimental Airlines:

Pictures follow:
Foamflyer54 is offline Find More Posts by Foamflyer54
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by Whiskers
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,924 Posts
Maybe it is distortion in the pix, but it looks like the tail section of this fuselage bends off to the right.
I must say some of the proportions worry me. H-tail too small. V-tail too big. Nose too short (CG problem)
Take a look at this (and Google for similar information)
Note: the smaller the plane ( and 30" is quite small) the bigger the h-stab should be in proportion.
Whiskers is online now Find More Posts by Whiskers