HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Get Real, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:06 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,993 Posts
Discussion
Byron On-road Nitro Challenge Photos

Well i finally made the trip to a new worldclass on and offroad rc racing facility here in illinois. Liesure Hours Raceway its a awesome track with large on and offroad tracks as well as indoor offroad racing for the cold winters we get here so you can race year round . The track hosted the Byron OnRoad Nitro Challenge . There was some worldclass drivers at this event and the racing and speed and acceleration these 1/10th and 1/8th 4wd onroad cars have is awesome to watch. Its been about 15 years since i raced in offroad competition but i still seen some familar faces at the track after all these years. One racer was there to watch because he races offroad buggy and truggy for mugen,another had taken a break for 7 years and recently started racing again. Im looking forward to the next big offroad event and id like to get more footage of the tracks with a camera mounted on my truggy and some other cool track video.. i am a rc heli and plane pilot to now so it could be interesting seeing things from above . The track is surrounded by farmland and big open cornfields.. similar to my normal flying site and i was kicking myself for not bringing my 3DHobbyShop extra 300 SHP or trex 450 heli when i looked at the surrounding areas at the track . Theres gonna be some big races at this track in the future as well and i plan on attending more.. maybe if i can get some track time i might start racing again .

Video: Mike Swauger A-Main 4wd Nitro Touring Car

Video: 8th Scale 4wd Nitro Onroad
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Get Real; Jul 11, 2007 at 02:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:52 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,993 Posts
Heres some more photos .

It really is a worldclass track,ive been to many in illinois over the years and this is by far the best one in the state.

Offroad track 200x125x200x75
Onroad track 220x75x220x125
Indoor Offroad Track 125x65
Seperate heated and air conditioned pit room
Hobby shop
Frequently changed layout
Electric for outdoor racing
Lights for night racing
50' Covered driver stand
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Get Real; Jul 11, 2007 at 02:59 AM.