SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
1.21 gigawatts
Fort.lauderdale Florida
Joined Jul 2006
724 Posts
Build Log
new sapac f22 twin 65mm

OK guys this was given to me to put together and to test for a friend from china.. i don't know anything about its marketing price at this time ..
the motors are 4300 kv 25amps esc one 3200 15c lipo fans are 65mm servos standard micros ..my friend told me this is the only f22 that has come out from his injection molds..
from what i was told this f22 will come with all of this components.
the fans have tabs that lock in to the air frame ...
so far this has to be one of the nicest foamies i have ever seen drooling over it..it has some small dings on it from its journeys .
.. it comes with all of its decals i will post pics later.
the finish its very nice.. weird silver color.. some times when i look at it
looks like painted fiberglass i am probably going to do the build here going to post more pics later about its plastic hardware for the contro surface ..it has tailerons ailerons rudder and landing gear steering
wings Span 32 length 45

EDDIE
EDDIEGIGOWATTS is offline Find More Posts by EDDIEGIGOWATTS
Last edited by EDDIEGIGOWATTS; Jun 30, 2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: wrong motor kvs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:27 AM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
looks very nice...i like the access hatch for the removeable fans...the foam and mold quality looks pretty good...what's the projected auw?...
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:44 AM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,463 Posts
That is SAPAC F-22. Fan, heat sink, landing gear same as ones included with their Bae Hawk.

Nice.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
Looks pretty good, the ducting is better than the one from Fly Fly, except inside the inlets on the inside it looks like there's a big chamber, that means a massive area change and turbulence, that'll rob 5 mph at least, depends on the power. The other think is the vertical stabs, they need to be canted outward more, should be the same angle as the sides of the lower fuselage. Not bad though, except when you try to put 500 watts (each) in those fans, motor holder will be 20mm probably if it's the same fan as the sapac hawk.

Good luck!
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:01 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Hmm camo on the stabs, but nowhere else???

Foam looks smooth, probably real good candidate for glassing -
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:15 AM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
the motor housings do look tiny...appears there's enough room to install bigger fans...looks like only the plastic canopy serves as the batt hatch...if so, i like it as it's a very clean look...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,536 Posts
looks very good,looking forword to flight report.
ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:57 PM
1.21 gigawatts
Fort.lauderdale Florida
Joined Jul 2006
724 Posts
gunracer i don't know what the auw will be till is done ..the canopy has six small magnets that hold it in place very slick
darmar correct this is one of the sapac f-22 prototype i just found out today
ED.. yes the rudder stabs go just like you said. right now they look like that because there not glued.. going to post pictures of the fuse sections this way you can see the inside ductwork. ED would a thrust tube help any in thrust instead of the fuse rear openings
KELBERTS some body put the decals on the stabs but not the fuse and wings
thanks guy,s
Eddie
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:31 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
eddie,

can you put everything on a scale so we have a rough idea?....the elevator linkage looks odd...everything else looks pretty good...are those 20mm motors?...how are the sapac models in quality?...thanks again...
Last edited by gunracer; Jun 22, 2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 01:41 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Nice looking jet Fixed landing gear?
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Jun 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
On the exhaust tube question, it depends on the area of the exhaust. Since it's somewhat of a rectangle you could measure the height and width and easily come out with the area (LxW=Area), but then you need to run the numbers on the fan, diameter inside the duct, diameter of motor holder, calculate areas (mmm, pi) to find the FSA. You'll want the exhuast size to be about 95 to 85% of the FSA so that the exhaust velocity is higher, but not so much that you loose thrust at the low end. My twin scratchbuilt F-22 uses 95 % I think.

If this model has 100% FSA or maybe even 110 to 120 percent FSA that will just slow the exhaust air down and make for a slower model. How much slower I don't know. I saw the Sapac Hawk fly with a 55mm Hyperflow (great planes) fan without an exhaust tube and the exhaust diameter was larger than the fan, it flew ok with probably 250 to 260 watts but was only flying about 55 mph (it's a big plane for a 20 mm motor so that's not the best example, but after adding a thrust tube just on the ground the guys with the Hawk said there was "more thrust", I don't know how the flight performance improved (Ryan if you're reading this chime in please )

A limitiation of the SAPAC fan I see is the 20mm motor holder...if you want to boost the power, finding a long enough 20mm motor is a chore, you'll run into a limit on how much power you can pump into the fan, if you wanted say 400 watts per fan, would the motor last? Maybe if you found a 20mm x 45 mm motor, I don't of such a motor. If the motor housing was slightly wider there are some 24mm motors, but the best would be a 28mm motor holder, that's Mega 16/15/2 500 watt territory. The fan I found but never tested was the Haoye 65 mm fan (slightly larger than the EFlite and Wattage fans). The fan had stiffer blades and the Eflite and Wattage fans and a thicker hub so I think it could take more power and not explode, but I never got around to testing it. The whole impetus for the fan search was a Sapac Hawk, but not wanting to wait I hacked foam and put in the Wemotec Minifan 480 and the 500 watt combo really pushed the heck out of that Hawk, till an FM radio aileron glitch put it into the ground.

Good luck!
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Last edited by Ed Waldrep; Aug 08, 2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:34 AM
1.21 gigawatts
Fort.lauderdale Florida
Joined Jul 2006
724 Posts
Ed thanks for the awesome info sorry about hawk i would boycot that radio station going to measure the fans id;s gunracer the quality is very good if you wanted to glass this thing it would look like a composite fuse the only part that doesn't look that smooth is the bottom of the wings has small round circles which can be sanded motors are 20x40mmm,, rcparkflyer the gears snap on you can easily pop them off,, here are some weight numbers minus rcvr and the lead from speed controllers to the batteries and decals

fan cover 0.7
bottom nose 1.3
bottom fuse 4.3
top fuse 4.0
wings 2.9
elevators 1.0
rudder 1.1
5 servos 1.6
gears legs and wheels 1.6
plastic parts and links 0.8
fans plus esc,s 9.2
3200 lipo 7.4
canopy 0.3 36.2 ounces

you can easily take of 6oz of this model i am trying to keep it as close to stock form as possible till i get my own
Old Jun 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
eddie,

thanks for the update...do you know what the wing area is?...
Old Jun 24, 2007, 03:15 AM
Flying!!! Got to love it
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Jun 2006
589 Posts
X-Flight has the 8XL motor that is 21mm x 51mm at 450 watts 5100 Kv if you run them on a 4S pack. You might be able to make them fit in the fans.
raido56/Herb
raido56 is offline Find More Posts by raido56