SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Man someone is watching over you. Your very lucky.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Man someone is watching over you. Your very lucky.
I feel you will be next. if you need help, PM me.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Hope not, already have bad luck even getting mine to fly properly and failed LED light in arm, now all packed up to send back Monday, and even worst luck, 2 weeks off work and no Phantom. So already worse luck than you? And worst luck, since I live in NZ, will be maybe over 4-6 weeks before I receive another replacement.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:50 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Hope not, already have bad luck even getting mine to fly properly and failed LED light in arm, now all packed up to send back Monday, and even worst luck, 2 weeks off work and no Phantom. So already worse luck than you? And worst luck, since I live in NZ, will be maybe over 4-6 weeks before I receive another replacement.
Who is your dealer?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:21 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Here is the video, obviously I had to shorten it, there was many more minutes of that bush, because that camera did not move in two weeks.

Sorry guys there has to be some humor attached to this. After watching the video I realized that I gave the Phantom technology too much respect. It didn't auto land after all. It got snagged by a bush on the slope.

The caption should be, as written by the Phantom:

I had my chance to get away, I left the pilot far behind. As you can see when I felt the rush of freedom I accelerated and made a run for it. Darn, I wasn't paying attention and in all my excitement I didn't look where I was going. I got myself snagged in a bush on the neighbor's slope.

After the owner got me back, he was happy to see me and also happy to see my buddy, GOPRO3. Well now that the exctement wore off the owner is giving me a "time out". He said: Go sit in the corner and shut up.

My short story:
Phantom Runaway (1 min 19 sec)
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:36 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Yep, lost orientation and went down. Glad you got it back undamaged with the GoPro3. That is a major accomplishment. I like your house in Phoenix better than mine in Mesa, wana trade? Just kidding. Thanks for posting the video.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:00 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Nah, I won't buy that, the sticks were dead. I lost complete control, even the throttle down didn't work. I killed the throttle just as it took off. Didn't you see the thing speed up....If you wish, I will give myself a Time out and open the Pinot. Stay thirsty my friends.

Obviously you are a conservative person, I know how it feels to make a run for it. That Phantom saw the light and it was gone.

It's Lake Havasu City, Arizona. If the video could be slowed down you could see the lake. Like all vacation real estate, we are upside down.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:01 PM
DJI Phantom pilot
The Netherlands, GE, Culemborg
Joined Jan 2013
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Here is the video, obviously I had to shorten it, there was many more minutes of that bush, because that camera did not move in two weeks.

Sorry guys there has to be some humor attached to this. After watching the video I realized that I gave the Phantom technology too much respect. It didn't auto land after all. It got snagged by a bush on the slope.

The caption should be, as written by the Phantom:

I had my chance to get away, I left the pilot far behind. As you can see when I felt the rush of freedom I accelerated and made a run for it. Darn, I wasn't paying attention and in all my excitement I didn't look where I was going. I got myself snagged in a bush on the neighbor's slope.

After the owner got me back, he was happy to see me and also happy to see my buddy, GOPRO3. Well now that the exctement wore off the owner is giving me a "time out". He said: Go sit in the corner and shut up.

My short story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ywwvxUAww
I'm sorry but that was funny
DutchVince is offline Find More Posts by DutchVince
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:24 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Nah, I won't buy that, the sticks were dead. I lost complete control, even the throttle down didn't work. I killed the throttle just as it took off. Didn't you see the thing speed up....If you wish, I will give myself a Time out and open the Pinot. Stay thirsty my friends.

Obviously you are a conservative person, I know how it feels to make a run for it. That Phantom saw the light and it was gone.

It's Lake Havasu City, Arizona. If the video could be slowed down you could see the lake. Like all vacation real estate, we are upside down.
I will not object to your experience. Yes, I am a conservative person, but that has nothing to do with my flying skills. Wherever the location, your property is more desirable than what I have. We are are all underwater. But we signed a contract, called a mortgage that we promised to pay. So we do and the government cannot bail us out.

I prefer Chardonay. You can buy. I am always thirsty.

Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Who is your dealer?

UAV Products.Problem, live in New Zealand, so will be ages before I see any replacement.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
UAV Products.Problem, live in New Zealand, so will be ages before I see any replacement.
Robert is a good guy and will do the best he can to help you.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Robert is a good guy and will do the best he can to help you.
Yes heard he is a good guy and company. If the LED did not give out, may have eventually connected to the software, but due to a Green LED going, it's now got to go back for a replacement.

Looks bad the 3 Green LED's going on one side, but only 2 the other side.

I just feel so disappointed in this product and annoyed so much has gone wrong, and on top of that an LED gone.

And by the time it gets back and replacement sent could be a month or more, and so annoyed got 2 weeks off work and no phantom. Was hoping to use this time to enjoy it and get used to the phantom, but sucks, almost everything that can go wrong has.

Guess I can thank myself luck, like the odd one of 2 it did not take off and get lost.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:21 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
136 Posts
Wow, looks like I made the right decision. "Position and hold short"
Don 2416n is offline Find More Posts by Don 2416n
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:25 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
136 Posts
LOL..that video was awesome.
I'm glad to see you got it back. That things really moves when it wants to.
Don 2416n is offline Find More Posts by Don 2416n
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:13 AM
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Hi gents,

My first steps in the RC world.
Just got the Phantom yesterday. Thanks to this great community for all I've learned here before taking the plunge.
Cheers,
David
david roch is offline Find More Posts by david roch