HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
Thanks Thomas. I was very impressed with the AnyLink technology that Great Planes is offering.

While I understand your concern for the deviation from exact scale, I appreciated the improved flight stability that the stretched fuselage gives this Gee Bee. So far, everyone that has seen the model at the field knows that it's a Gee Bee. To date, nobody that has seen my model in person has mentioned that the fuselage looks too long.

McD
The extra fuse length was discussed at "length" locally.....
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:38 PM
Germany, BW, Weinheim
Joined Sep 2012
345 Posts
Great video and an awesome plane. Since I have the UMX GeeBee from Eflite and I am kind of addicted to the plane, this GeeBee is a MUST HAVE for me. I wonder how stable it is in comparison to the one from Eflite.

But I still don't get whats the advantage of the Anylink system. I have a DX8 transmitter and would like to use a Spektrum receiver and I do not see a good reason to buy an Anylink module for my DX8. Unfortunately there is only the TX-R Version of the GeeBee available.

So my question is if it's possible to replace the Anylink receiver with a Spektrum receiver in the TX-R Version?
FloBau is online now Find More Posts by FloBau
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:00 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,378 Posts
There is no issue with replacing the Tatic RX with your own Spektrum rx. I have the earlier version that was RxR and fly it with a Futaba RX. It's a great plane and I like it better then the UMX GeeBee as it feels like it has more speed for it's size. Just keep some power on for the landings or it'll bounce all over on you.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:52 PM
Germany, BW, Weinheim
Joined Sep 2012
345 Posts
That's good news! In the video reviews there is always shown the compatibility of Anylink to other transmitter systems and therefore I was a little bit confused.

In Europe or in Germany at least it isn't released yet but I think the price of the TX-R will be quite high. Perhaps 200 Euros ore something, which would be very expensive compared to other products like the ones from Parkzone. But we'll see.
FloBau is online now Find More Posts by FloBau
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:27 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Prece ting spam reported.

Still wish this Gee Bee was more scale like and available PnP without RX....
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2003
9 Posts
GP Gee Bee review

I have this airplane , bought it when it first came out because I like the Gee Bee. I have to say it looks good in the air and has lots of power. It needs a smooth runway for take off and landings. The motor mount is weak, mine came loose and broke in several places. The cowl on mine was also scuffed when I got it . Its was just not the quality airplane I expected.
rk2648 is offline Find More Posts by rk2648
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:35 PM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
I have this plane too and mine also ,the cowl was scuffed and mine too ,the motor mount broke. This I thought was very cheap and should of been made of some hard plastic
HALO3 is offline Find More Posts by HALO3
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Has anyone tried out different sized props on this plane? Is 10x7 stock? Was thinking about maybe a 9 x 7.5 apc slo fly that I use on my P-51. It made the P-51 a rocket as stock was a 9x4.5 slo fly I believe. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks
azalbino is offline Find More Posts by azalbino