HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2013, 07:27 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Sounds like you need to read this thread from the beginning...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
throttle curves for U0, U1 modes

Hello all,
What throttle curves are you guys using for U0 and U1 modes? I'm using a DEVO7 receiver. This is what I have for throttle settings:
U0:
PL:0
P1:20
P2:40
PM:60
P3:75
P4:85
PH:100

U1:
PL:100
P1:INH
P2:INH
PM:50
P3:INH
P4:INH
PH:100

Thanks
jfranklyn is offline Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Nov 24, 2013, 02:03 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
I crashed my superV today. It serms i cant get past 100 flights without hitting the ground.

I've been having some issues with the tail and today the motor just stopped for no reason. First is was the attack of the birds, then the tail blades borke off mid-flight, now the tail motor just stopped.

Good thong is that the SuperV is a tank and the damage was minimal.

I might need to retire this bird, as it is only causing more stress to my heli collection.

My only goal left to see fullfilled is getting the V400 to do piro flips
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:14 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
314 Posts
v 450d03 RX

I don't know if there's a V450D03 thread did not fine one. I have a question about servos on the V450D03.

If using any other servo other then walkera's v450D03 do you have to do any servo reversing for them to work ? Just curious.

Also do you have to use the walkera esc with there V450D03 RX?
Reason for asking I have a 450 build heli working on and thinking of using the RX from V450D03 heli.

Thanks
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:35 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
I think that would come with a 2702v-d rx/fbl unit. It should have little gyro rev switched on it so you can use any servo brand you want. It also will allow you to use any esc you want as well. Its better than the units that come with the v400 tail motor type helis.

I used the 2702v in 450, 500, and a 600 trex air frame. They are easy to setup, but dont offer all the nice programing functions that the big boys do.

I stoped using then because they started freezing up on me, locking me out until it was too late. Others have experienced the same, but some have had no problems with them.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:47 PM
Joined Feb 2013
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I think that would come with a 2702v-d rx/fbl unit. It should have little gyro rev switched on it so you can use any servo brand you want. It also will allow you to use any esc you want as well. Its better than the units that come with the v400 tail motor type helis.

I used the 2702v in 450, 500, and a 600 trex air frame. They are easy to setup, but dont offer all the nice programing functions that the big boys do.

I stoped using then because they started freezing up on me, locking me out until it was too late. Others have experienced the same, but some have had no problems with them.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the respond Kdean. Yes will that answer my question. I figure it would be much easier to get setup and running being its an all in one unit. Will try this before buying a flybarless unit. The RX is a 2703H-D the one you mention not sure if that's from the earlier version of the v450.

Thanks.
Old Jan 06, 2014, 10:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
The future of my SuperV400......

The SuperG400
http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-G400...i&utm_design=6

They are finaly showing what the new hardware is that i need to find to make the upgrade.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:29 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,283 Posts
Quote:
The future of my SuperV400......

The SuperG400
http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-G400...i&utm_design=6

They are finaly showing what the new hardware is that i need to find to make the upgrade.
Thanks for sharing this link - very interesting. Makes me want to buy one just to check it out. I think I would have to buy the full out RTF version since I don't have DEVO and wouldn't need any extra added to the learning curve. However, I suspect this will follow Murphy's law as usual - more difficult than it looks. I don't know, would I fly it after the novelty wore off? Would it help make me a better RC pilot? Return to home would be good if it works.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
The position hold would be useful if doing AP or even fpv. But a bigger platform would be needed for a camera and gimbal. And i would not trust this system in anything bigger than a 450/500 sized heli. You know the walkera electronics reputation.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 04:14 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,283 Posts
Quote:
The position hold would be useful if doing AP or even fpv. But a bigger platform would be needed for a camera and gimbal. And i would not trust this system in anything bigger than a 450/500 sized heli. You know the walkera electronics reputation.
More difficult than it looks
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
314 Posts
Devo 8s Radio

I have a question about the Devo 8s radio this have nothing to do with V400 and I didn't see a thread for the Walkera radios.

When trying to map the switch to a channel on a RX801 rx it has two Aux channel mark Aux 2 and Aux 3. It seem that only the Aux 3 channel will work with any switch I set it to. But Aux 2 will not work with any switch I try to set it up to. Anyone know why this is not working or I'm I doing something wrong?

And when using the 6 channel receive it has 1 Aux mark Aux 1 but there is no Aux 1 in the 8s radio. How the channel is work but its working with the throttle control can seem to map it to any switch

Has anyone tried using this Aux channel?
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:50 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
I have a question about the Devo 8s radio this have nothing to do with V400 and I didn't see a thread for the Walkera radios.

When trying to map the switch to a channel on a RX801 rx it has two Aux channel mark Aux 2 and Aux 3. It seem that only the Aux 3 channel will work with any switch I set it to. But Aux 2 will not work with any switch I try to set it up to. Anyone know why this is not working or I'm I doing something wrong?

And when using the 6 channel receive it has 1 Aux mark Aux 1 but there is no Aux 1 in the 8s radio. How the channel is work but its working with the throttle control can seem to map it to any switch

Has anyone tried using this Aux channel?
A lot of us here used the 2801, and only an handful used the Devo.

There's a long thread on the Devo 8 here where you might be better off asking http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463629
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:38 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
I have a devo 12s and 8s. But both are using the deviation firmware. I never used the stock FW. With deviation the channel mapping and switch settings are almost unlimited.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
314 Posts
Quote:
I have a devo 12s and 8s. But both are using the deviation firmware. I never used the stock FW. With deviation the channel mapping and switch settings are almost unlimited.
Thanks but that doe's not help me much as to why can't I map Aux 2 on the RX802 receiver only Aux 3 is works with and switch I set it for. Aux 2 does not work with any switching. But the Aux2 channel is good put on servo on and its working but can't switch it on or off. Only using the servo for testing.

Thanks any way.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:12 AM
Joined Jul 2013
1 Posts
Wk-wst-10a-t

Can anybody help me, where can I buy tail esc (WK-WST-10A-T), because every online store are out of stock.
Or can I replace this esc with something else?

Áron
kissaronn is offline Find More Posts by kissaronn