HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
Spain, Community of Madrid, San Fernando de Henares
Joined Mar 2006
30 Posts
Discussion
Spark V4 A Spanish Design

Hi Guys!!!

I've been competing in a spanish F3P leage since the last year and my evolution is looking quite good.

The last year I managed to win the F3P-C class and this year I have jumped to the F3P-B category.

The last year I was competing with my Spark V3 but I feel some weak points in order to complete the new routine so I decided to redesign it to achieve better behavior, lower weight, etc.

I have planned two versions of my Spark V4 one milled (The one I'm using now) and other covered in Mylar to achieve a lower weight.

It's designed completely in rhinoceros and cutted with laser.

In the fist image you can see the milling guides made in a polyurethane foam covered in paper, very stiff and easy to cut with the laser, the second is one of the depron sheets as it comes from the laser cutter.

The propeller is made by me, it's a 9x3 but I have moulds also for a 9x2 and i have to try this one, With the scorpion motor I have lots of power and I gess that with the 9x2 I will have more brake in the down lines.
Vectorf3f is online now Find More Posts by Vectorf3f
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:44 PM
Joined Mar 2006
30 Posts
More Photos!

Here you can see the finished model.

The canalisers and Sfg's are covered in Mylar to lower the weight.

More Info Soon.

Yo can see more info in my webpage! www.tecnoepoxy.com

Hope you enjoy it!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
Fly for God, not for the World
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
140 Posts
That is Really neat!!

Not Free
Not Free is offline Find More Posts by Not Free
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:31 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Vectorf3f,

so how does your pull/pull adjuster work? Does the screw have a hole drilled thru it? Could you provide a closeup picture of the screw and string?

thanks, the plane looks really nice. Will you be posting a video soon?

aerolite
aerolite is online now Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:48 PM
Joined Mar 2006
30 Posts
The pull pull adjusters are very simple to make.

You just have to thread the servo arm hole to M2.
Then with a nylon bolt of M2 also make a Hole of 0.7-1 mm perpendicular to the axis of the bolt, as near as you could to the bolt head.

Then screw in a bit the bolt in the servo arm and pull the string through the bolt hole, then knot the string making a loop but ensure that the string is not so much tight. Then screw the bolt until the strings are tight enough.

It's a very light system and ensures a very good movement of the control surfaces.

Here you have some Photos of my propellers. They are made in carbonfiber and has a real profile, they are very light, just 3,4 gr.

As you could see the Carbon layout is designed to optimize rigidity. For the extrados the fibers are arranged along the blade and the intrados, the fibers are positioned at 45 ░ with the length of the blade. Carbon layout is designed to optimize rigidity. For the extrados the fibers are arranged along the blade and the intrados, the fibers are positioned at 45 ░ with the length of the blade. Because of that, the torsional and bending stiffness is guaranteed.

Here you have a video.
F3P-B FAM 2012/13 Jorge Medina (2 min 11 sec)

I'm not a very good pilot, so some parts of the routine are very hard for me but I hope that the practice will help me to improve, this video correspond to the 5║ flight of the plane so I need more adjustment and also get used to it. But I have notice a very big improvement of my skills with this plane. It's easier to fly than other I have flown.

Hope you enjoy it!