Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
70 Posts
Discussion
Horizon blade 120 sr helicopter

HI everyone just got into helicopters, just started on a small scale eg a little blade 120 sr, so very new to helis any advise would be appreciated, i also have a clone of the 450, but no way can i fly that yet, as need a couple more bits, but even then wouldnt know how to set up on my dx7 or dx8 so that should be interesting here is a link to my maiden flight and my channel on you tube on you tube channels u can see im into all rc related toys as to say

any how happy rc ing to you all cheers for now steve

MAIDEN FLIGHT HORIZON BLADE 120 SR HELICOPTER (6 min 47 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/user/steve9447?feature=mhee
rrcman1 is offline Find More Posts by rrcman1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
Hello

The best advice anyone can give you would be throw that game controller in the nearest garbage can and get a DX6i to fly with you will need it soon enough.

Then get a good quality simulator and learn how to fly every helicopter in it. Then before you begin flying the 450 clone, go get an MCPX and fly it for 2 or 3 months. It will save you hundreds of dollars.

A Real Basic Way To Learn To Fly Your Blade MSR (6 min 19 sec)
Imzzaudae is offline Find More Posts by Imzzaudae
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
If that's really your first try flying, looks to me like you're doing great! Keep practicing! And Imzzaudae is totally correct - practice on a simulator and learn on a micro CP before you try the 450. I destroyed my V400D02 three times, then got a Genius CP to learn with. After a winter playing with the Genius, I can fly the V400D02. Spend a lot of time hovering your micro in all positions from tail-in to nose-in and everything between.

The big ones fall hard. Crash the V400D02 (or your 450), something WILL break, probably lots of things will. Crash the Genius or the MCPX, you'll likely dust it off and fly again. The V400D02 takes at least an afternoon to rebuild after a crash, sometimes days. I can rebuild the Genius in less than an hour.

When you start setting up your 450, check the Finless Bob videos:http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692 There are totally excellent vidoes to show you how to set up the gyro, tail, rotor head and transmitter.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski