Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
Got mine a couple days ago. Mounted it today. It uses the same feathershaft
as regular flybarred align.

If you mount it as is, and use a beastX, you'll only get purple in step J (6 degrees
cyclic setup). I swapped the swash balls for longer ones and now I can get
red in step J. There is a huge amount of collective and cyclic pitch before there
is any binding, so should be good for hardcore 3D, but I'm a 2D guy.

Waiting for some tail parts and then I can maiden it.
Have you extended the Anti-Roll Bar ball as well - if not you will propbably get strange movements as the geometry would be different from the other 2 balls.

Mike
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:58 AM
What package dear?
Hellysmack's Avatar
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
URL please for the guys here that may be interested in getting a bargain!
You ask so here it is.
USA bids only, As is, as used, as parts, missing parts,
I tried to be as honest as I could in the details (that I could remember). The plastic blades were the good EXI not the HK and they were on the chopper and run up in a hover once when I was trying to isolate a vibration.
This was what was left that I had. Read the details and donít over bid. I may have cheated myself on the shipping but biding has started so I will let it ride

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290761104987...84.m1555.l2649
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Have you extended the Anti-Roll Bar ball as well - if not you will propbably get strange movements as the geometry would be different from the other 2 balls.

Mike
yes. I just cut it with a dremel into two pieces. Turned the piece with the ball
180 degrees and remount. It does mess up the servo geometry. I think
the original frame geometry was slightly messed up for the elevator, this
mod makes it worse, but I hope it doesn't affect actual flying.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
yes. I just cut it with a dremel into two pieces. Turned the piece with the ball
180 degrees and remount. It does mess up the servo geometry. I think
the original frame geometry was slightly messed up for the elevator, this
mod makes it worse, but I hope it doesn't affect actual flying.
I have the same head on my 250gt, but I am struggling with overthrows. My current servo ball measurement is 12.5mm. but I am having to reduce the throws in my zyx controller to about 30% which I consider too low, The only other option I have is to move the ball in, but I can only move it in 2mm before the links bind on the servo case.
Could I ask what servo ball measurements you have, and have you had to reduce the overall throws in the gyro software to accommodate the setup?
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I have the same head on my 250gt, but I am struggling with overthrows. My current servo ball measurement is 12.5mm. but I am having to reduce the throws in my zyx controller to about 30% which I consider too low, The only other option I have is to move the ball in, but I can only move it in 2mm before the links bind on the servo case.
Could I ask what servo ball measurements you have, and have you had to reduce the overall throws in the gyro software to accommodate the setup?
I'll have to wait till I'm home to measure the distance. I think I'm using the standard
servo arm of hs-65mg, and 2nd farthest hole from the centre.

I think I may try to go one hole inboard in the servo arm to see if I can get blue
in step J. It'll screw up the geometry of the aileron servos, but improve
the geometry of the elevator servo, so may be I'll get a more evenly balanced
swash.

When you said overthrows, did you mean you have so much throw that
it is causing the head to bind? Or simply that your collective and cyclic pitch ranges
are too high? I forgot if the ranges are set in the transmitter or in the gyro
for the zyx. (My zyxs didn't work too well in my 250, so I put it in my foamie plane
and there it works really well).
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
I'll have to wait till I'm home to measure the distance. I think I'm using the standard
servo arm of hs-65mg, and 2nd farthest hole from the centre.

I think I may try to go one hole inboard in the servo arm to see if I can get blue
in step J. It'll screw up the geometry of the aileron servos, but improve
the geometry of the elevator servo, so may be I'll get a more evenly balanced
swash.

When you said overthrows, did you mean you have so much throw that
it is causing the head to bind? Or simply that your collective and cyclic pitch ranges
are too high? I forgot if the ranges are set in the transmitter or in the gyro
for the zyx. (My zyxs didn't work too well in my 250, so I put it in my foamie plane
and there it works really well).
The head does not bind as such but pitch ranges of +/-26 degs and cyclic of 18 degs seems excessive, that is with the radio (dx8) set at 100% and the gyro settings at their nominal 80% throws, these I have to reduce to around 30% to get something realistic. This is with a 12.5 mm servo ball link measurement

I normally shoot for +/- 10 degs pitch and 8 degs cyclic, these figures seem to work well with the gyro on my other heli's so was moving that way with the 250gt. I just wondered if people had excessively reduced the throws in the gyro or their radio's to achieve a setting that was flyable. I will be going through my settings again tomorrow to see if I can get some improvement. but any pointer would be appreciated.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:13 AM
Registered User
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I have the same head on my 250gt, but I am struggling with overthrows. My current servo ball measurement is 12.5mm. but I am having to reduce the throws in my zyx controller to about 30% which I consider too low, The only other option I have is to move the ball in, but I can only move it in 2mm before the links bind on the servo case.
Could I ask what servo ball measurements you have, and have you had to reduce the overall throws in the gyro software to accommodate the setup?
Just measured mine. I'm also at 12.5mm. If I move to the next hole, it'll be 10mm.

I've never got my zyxs to fly well in a 250 (tail wag, cyclic wobble, ..etc), so take
my words with a grain of salt. I think you're supposed to first set the collective
pitch to the proper range (align recommends +/- 12 to 14 for a trex250 and 450
), then as much swash travel
as you can without binding (and that the rotor head can still rotate freely) while
at max or min pitch. This tells the gyro how much it can move the servos.

Your actual aileron/elevator rate is selected by the beginner/f3c/3dsoft/3dhard/extreme setting in the main menu, and you can
fine tune the agility slider.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Tail won't hold heading

I have an issue with the tail swinging to the right. It is slow enough it would take about 5 to 10 seconds or so do do 360 revolution.
It did not do this before I changed some tail parts.
I replace the tail holder, slider, and pivot with align parts because the HK tail bearings were rough.
Now this issue has developed. I even dialed in several degress right pitch to see if that would change it, but it did not.
It seems like the heading hold in the gyro is not making corrections properly.
Anyone else ever have this issue.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
Registered User
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have an issue with the tail swinging to the right. It is slow enough it would take about 5 to 10 seconds or so do do 360 revolution.
It did not do this before I changed some tail parts.
I replace the tail holder, slider, and pivot with align parts because the HK tail bearings were rough.
Now this issue has developed. I even dialed in several degress right pitch to see if that would change it, but it did not.
It seems like the heading hold in the gyro is not making corrections properly.
Anyone else ever have this issue.
Check that the belt is properly tensioned and not slipping, and that the
tail hub is secure on the tailshaft with the grubscrew loctited. Also make
sure you have enough pitch range.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
Check that the belt is properly tensioned and not slipping, and that the
tail hub is secure on the tailshaft with the grubscrew loctited. Also make
sure you have enough pitch range.
Belt is tight enough and not slipping. It is the kevlar belt and brand new.
Tail hub is secured by Extreme piece with the button. It won't move. The tail boom is Align carbon fibre. Boom holder is align sanded to give proper grip.
The tail hub should be tight as I used a little green sleeve retainer on the outside as well as the set screw. Right pitch is about 35 degrees(a guess but lots).
If I set on rate mode, it only requires about 5 degrees to make the tail push left.
When hovering and the drift occurs, I can easily correct with very little stick.
It's got me puzzeled when I go from the sloppy HK parts to align which have very little slop that this problem occurs.
Maybe it's too tight and needs a little slop?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have an issue with the tail swinging to the right. It is slow enough it would take about 5 to 10 seconds or so do do 360 revolution.
It did not do this before I changed some tail parts.
I replace the tail holder, slider, and pivot with align parts because the HK tail bearings were rough.
Now this issue has developed. I even dialed in several degress right pitch to see if that would change it, but it did not.
It seems like the heading hold in the gyro is not making corrections properly.
Anyone else ever have this issue.
Check the tail pitch angle travel, if right pitch angle not enough the tail will rotate very slow in right direction.
Please check both full left & right tail pitch angle on tail blade.
Turn the tail blade @90 degree to the blade holder, check both direction on tail blade with full left & right rudder stick control on transmitter.
Thr right rudder pitch angle should more than the left rudder pitch in normal condition.
U will notice the angle of travel for left & right rudder control.
U may need to adjust the rudder hub further out on the tail shaft to have enough travel for right rudder pitch angle.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Here are the new canopies I got
very nice canopy mhills some canomods are on sale now up to 70% off!!

http://canomod.com/shopping/product_...6ebea9031858b0

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,738 Posts
I was not that impressed with the canomod or the fusuno. Both bottoms had to be cut before they would fit. Made little grooves so they would go further on at the landing gear.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,738 Posts
Took twitchy too out today for it's first real flight. Tail was a little soft, but everything else was spot on.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
w4Rd3n's Avatar
Switzerland, VS, Oberems
Joined Apr 2010
511 Posts
do you guys anyone can recommend a good hobbyking setup for the HK250 ?
i am looking to do some 3D. i am used to MIcrobeast, but i am open to test one of those HK Fbl units also
w4Rd3n is online now Find More Posts by w4Rd3n
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 10:09 PM
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10603 Mar 27, 2014 06:49 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 05:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 01:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 08:54 PM