HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Tiger 1 RC range

Oh, Also I have reseated all the plugs on both boards, and checked the crystals are seated and pins OK. Aerial is attached well to tank stub and internal connector is tight. No obvious other loose connections or dodgy solders. Tank works OK when in the 10 foot range of controller.
PeteWithTiger is offline Find More Posts by PeteWithTiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Be sure the antenna is securely screwed into the TXR hole. It might also be a loose wire or solder joint in the TXR. Might want to try another TXR. If you don't have another TXR try to borrow a friend's

My range with HL tanks and the stock TXR is close to 100 feet.

Mfpage
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
711 Posts
....same here Pete, i have two new SnS metal track HL tanks and both only have about a 10ft range....i am also interested
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
tiger rc

Thanks for that, mfpage. Yeah, the aerial is well and trully screwed in.
OK, I'll do the business on the TX - resolder all the connections on the board. 100 feet is about what I would have expected. 10 feet is just plain silly!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
tiger rc

Mr FastPhil, do you have two transmitters as well as two tanks? If you have only one transmitter, law of probability says likelyhood it's the TXR which is at fault unless the tanks are much less QC'd than the TXRs.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Hi !

I managed to fix it! mfpage thanks you were right. It was where the power lead connects to the board on the txr. The socket was loose. I tried to resolder it in place but the tiny metal shoes which were supposed to be bonded to the PCB had given up.

The best way i think was to follow the track of the PCB and there are two solder posts you can attach the power leads to.( make sure you get the poss and neg the right way round!) So i cut the plug off the power leads and hard soledered them. Works fine now. Full range!

I think the effect of the bad connection was like putting low voltage batts in there.

Regards,

Pete with long range tiger :-)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
711 Posts
Hi Pete, Thanks for the great trouble shooting!, ....both tanks were limited to maybe ten feet, and discouraged me from running them, and even had me thinking about a 2.4Ghz Spektrum radio change.....but thanks to you, i should have them up and running when i get home...Thanks again!!!
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:18 AM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,758 Posts
I've started to work again on my FPV DAK "724" Tiger battletank. Adding to the DBCRC2 lighting effects.
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
2 Posts
Matching Motor speed on Heng long Tanks

Hi! I'm new to the forum and i must say glancing thru this forum made me purchase lots of tanks. Keep it up guy, I'm from Malaysia which sad to say the scene for RC tanks are scarce.

From all the experience tankers out there, i need your input on this. I have recently bought a heng long Panther G tank and found that the tank can't go straight, hence have done all the checkings and found out one drive motor is running faster than the other, so my question is can we advance the timing on the standard stock motor? I've put in 2 first generation Tiger 1 motors in and the tank goes straight but speed wise it's 3 times faster which is unrealistic so was thinking of using back the original stock motor which have higher torque. Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
deathpion is offline Find More Posts by deathpion
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Hello to everybody

I would like ask a very simple question. I have a Tiger I 1/16 scale from Heng Long.
It comes with a battery 2000mAh NiMH but it was no real manual. How long time is to recharge the battery to full charge? because is not in the box and I can't find in the web the manuals in pdf. I try to guess with the capacity of the batteries and the intensity of the charger.
400mA is the charger.
2000/400= 5 hours?
I know usually the NiMH batteries are charged a little bit more to can get it full charge.
Many thanks
Anbajol is offline Find More Posts by Anbajol
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:01 AM
Highrack R/C heli's
Florida
Joined Aug 2010
66 Posts
I have the Heng Long Tiger 1 and if I am not mistaken the manual for it does not say how long to charge the battery, but based on other NiMH batteries R/C's I have, you charge it until the battery gets warm to the touch, but not Hot.
Hope this helps,
highrack is offline Find More Posts by highrack
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Hello, greetings to all

well I'm from chile present and I am new to this forum and I would like to help me in some things

buy a tank grab some rc heng long panzer 1, version of smokeless metal tracks and mute the little use one of the engines stopped working when you test it with a battery 2300 mah 11.1v lipo of my practice is as follows

1 it is possible that one of the engines or some chip burnt beyond?
2 which may be the fault?
3 if so where I can buy parts for this version?
2 where I can buy metal upgrade kit (wheels, suspension, ect.)

thank you very much for your help
valenzuela is offline Find More Posts by valenzuela
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenzuela View Post
Hello, greetings to all

well I'm from chile present and I am new to this forum and I would like to help me in some things

buy a tank grab some rc heng long panzer 1, version of smokeless metal tracks and mute the little use one of the engines stopped working when you test it with a battery 2300 mah 11.1v lipo of my practice is as follows

1 it is possible that one of the engines or some chip burnt beyond?
2 which may be the fault?
3 if so where I can buy parts for this version?
2 where I can buy metal upgrade kit (wheels, suspension, ect.)

thank you very much for your help
HL tanks run great on 2 cell Lipo batteries. If you run 3 cell you will smoke'em.

Mfpage
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage
Old May 10, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2009
340 Posts
el mod

Hi,
Trying to improve my H.L.tiger1 and have seen those "EL MOD" sound etc sysems mentioned, but where do I buy or look for them.

Cheers MIKE.
micarus is offline Find More Posts by micarus
Old May 11, 2012, 01:53 AM
RC Tank n00b
New Zealand
Joined Oct 2007
168 Posts
micarus
http://www.el-mod.de/index.php?language=en

checkout youtube too
A N Z A C is offline Find More Posts by A N Z A C