SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:09 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcall View Post
I have a 5 year old Blu Baby 24" Kfm2 wing that has hundreds of flights without a problem.... my wing is made of 3mm Depron, a single piece folded at the leading edge, which makes it very strong and uses 5mm square balsa spars...

I fly it FPV ..<snip link>..
Can you post a list of the components you have on the aircraft? And maybe an image of the installation? That would be interesting to see.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:26 AM
FPVing for fun...
Joined Jul 2003
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
Can you post a list of the components you have on the aircraft? And maybe an image of the installation? That would be interesting to see.

Jack
my 24" has a Kfm2 wing, 10g motor (18-11 2000KV), 5x3 prop, Plush6 ESC, 2x 3.4g servos, flies with a 3S 370mAh battery, 170g ready to fly
rcall is offline Find More Posts by rcall
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 AM
FPVing for fun...
Joined Jul 2003
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachtie04 View Post
rcall I would have thought 24 inch was a bit small for FPV? You must have found some pretty light gear to do that?
FPV with the small Blu Baby is real fun because you can fly close and low since this lil plane is almost undestructible...

my FPV gear weighs 4g only... a 10mW tx from FPVHobby, a nano 600tvl camera with wide angle lens from a 808 #16
rcall is offline Find More Posts by rcall
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcall View Post
FPV with the small Blu Baby is real fun because you can fly close and low since this lil plane is almost undestructible...

my FPV gear weighs 4g only... a 10mW tx from FPVHobby, a nano 600tvl camera with wide angle lens from a 808 #16
That's what I was wondering about the most, the FPV gear. And do you have a receiver connected to a display you fly it from? Or are you using goggles?

I was noticing how the video feed was being blocked or interfered with after the landing in the video, I assume you can get a fairly stable and steady video feed when flying?

If there is a better thread with all the details, a link to that would probably answer all the questions.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:40 PM
Joined Jun 2014
56 Posts
Well - she flies!!
Did a 10 minute maiden flight this morning on my 35 inch WS Blue Baby.
Just needed a small amount of elevator trim and she flew beautifully.
Wind was a bit more than I would have liked for a maiden flight, gusting to about10 mph.
She was getting tossed around a little bit and was quite surprised just how quickly she righted herself to level flight after hitting turbulence.
Then I did a second 10 minute flight.
Despite the wind both landings were smooth with no nose overs.
I am looking forward to flying her when it is nice and calm - hopefully tomorrow morning will be calmer.
Yachtie04 is offline Find More Posts by Yachtie04
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2014
56 Posts
I have now done about an hour flight time on my Blue Baby - although I also have about 17 hours on my two J-Bugs and 3 hours on my BYOB, plus dozens of hours on a Clear View flight simulator.
I was down at the model aero club I belong to this morning and I did a flight test for Bronze Wings Certificate with the chief flying instructor using the Blue Baby.
I am very pleased to say the instructor has passed me for that certificate :-) PHEW!!!
Yachtie04 is offline Find More Posts by Yachtie04