HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2010, 05:48 PM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Who wants to hook up a KKmulticontroller to a six of these....

http://yuneeccouk.site.securepod.com/paramotor.html
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2010, 06:44 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
Hi, Tigar

if you had the same experience and you corrected, then i will need your help Did you change something in the firmware?

what is your potscale?
what is your stickscale?
what is your yawlimit?
what is your end point setting in TX?
what is throttle EPA (80%)? how do i change this?
did you have the same version of wmp as mine?

please help, i also got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
I had the same feeling when changed to wii. I would described it as more sensitive collective. I corrected it by lowering the throttle EPA to about 80%(after calibrating the esc with 100%).
Now it flies same or even better than hk401 version
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:15 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWCoburg View Post
Sounds like something has lost the plot in respect to where the controls are.

I'd be inclined in the first instance, to erase the chip and reload the firmware and the recalibrate the controller.

I have had some "odd" things happen when I have reused a board without erasing it first, and all sorts of odd things can happen.

Mike.
Me too, I "lost" the settings (EEPROM??) between switching batteries!
This is scary...

I am used to change code, compile, load the hex (ESAVE), without erasing!
Are the calibration, and pot directions,... saved in the EPROM of the Atmega?

I heard other people had similar problems...

manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:23 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
Hi, Tigar

if you had the same experience and you corrected, then i will need your help Did you change something in the firmware?

what is your potscale?
what is your stickscale?
what is your yawlimit?
what is your end point setting in TX?
what is throttle EPA (80%)? how do i change this?
did you have the same version of wmp as mine?

please help, i also got it.
Hi.
Pot scale and stick scale went up to 13. I tried initially with 10 but i had to lower the gain almost to 0 so i changed it to 13. 12 should also be ok
When i try to fly with this setting the feeling was that throttle was very responsive and i was over-correcting and it was impossible to hold stable altitude. So after the esc calibration i lowered the "end point adjustment" of throttle to 80%. This scales down the sensitivity of the throttle since you need more travel to command the same change. It also limits the max throttle available at the tx but i am hovering around the middle point and i have enough throttle to fly around with this 80%.
My wm+ was this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6793
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:19 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Who wants to hook up a KKmulticontroller to a six of these....

http://yuneeccouk.site.securepod.com/paramotor.html
Nice find Niall, bet the ESC will be a tad tasty on the lipo packs though. You recon about 1000c will be ok?

Mike.
IWCoburg is offline Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:51 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
i have read about the pot ans stick, someone changed the scale to 13 for both and it works. but i think my version of wmp is different and less sensitive, because when i connect with pot and stick gain at 11, the result was that i have to move gain to 95% and when i move pot scale back to 10, it work at 50%. Conclusiion from my test could be that my wmp version is not good. i will wait for the new one and test again at pot and stick = 13 and change epa of throttle to 80%

tigar, thank you so much

Quote:
Hi.
Pot scale and stick scale went up to 13. I tried initially with 10 but i had to lower the gain almost to 0 so i changed it to 13. 12 should also be ok
When i try to fly with this setting the feeling was that throttle was very responsive and i was over-correcting and it was impossible to hold stable altitude. So after the esc calibration i lowered the "end point adjustment" of throttle to 80%. This scales down the sensitivity of the throttle since you need more travel to command the same change. It also limits the max throttle available at the tx but i am hovering around the middle point and i have enough throttle to fly around with this 80%.
My wm+ was this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6793
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:16 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
today i receive my other two wmp, so i have 3 wmp in my stock and they all different.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:53 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWCoburg View Post
Nice find Niall, bet the ESC will be a tad tasty on the lipo packs though. You recon about 1000c will be ok?

Mike.
Well they have lipos and 250A speed controller included in the unit.

http://yuneeccouk.site.securepod.com...ch%20Spec.html

So I guess you would have to hook into the existing ESCs.

Well it is a nice dream, I am thinking of trying out just one of them with a wing, but 4 or more with joystic control and a backup chute could be cool. Would probably have to invest in a low battery buzzer as I don't think it would fly too well with out the juice.
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:54 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
wmp from dealextreme

Name: wmp.jpg
Views: 435
Size: 38.3 KB
Description: wmp , please tell me where to connect for roll, pitch, yaw

I just received this wmp from www.dealextreme.com and it look different. Can anyone take a look and recommend me for roll, pitch, yaw connection.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:24 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
522 Posts
Looks like mine from DX, i found the matching voltages on this pins, but they do not change if i move the board.....

hope you have more luck. Somebody said it has to be provided with 3.3V, maybe i killed mine with the 5V.
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:28 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Micro KKMultiCopter Indoor Flying

Micro KKMultiCopter Indoor Flying (2 min 34 sec)

Micro KKMultiCopter Indoor Flying

Minsoo Kim
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:56 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
Attachment 3584541

I just received this wmp from www.dealextreme.com and it look different. Can anyone take a look and recommend me for roll, pitch, yaw connection.
Hi.
I just check with my wmp (like this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6793).

I found that yaw from the cap goes to pin 14 of the invensense isz650. I did a quick check and found this : http://invensense.com/mems/gyro/docu...650B-00-02.pdf the schematics confirm that pin 14 is yaw out.
All you have to do is trace with a multimeter from pin 14 of isz650 to a cap near by. That should be your analog yaw.
Then do the same with the other square chip. I can not read the name on it on your picture but the same principle applies. (my other chip is invensense idg655)
I hope it works

Also just noticed on you picture that the 2 wires at the right (close to c13) look shorted. The one is touching the other.
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:37 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
522 Posts
Quote:
Hi.
I just check with my wmp (like this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6793).

Also just noticed on you picture that the 2 wires at the right (close to c13) look shorted. The one is touching the other.
Yes, that has been fixed before testing, i did the Macro-Pics to check for shorts after soldering.
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Nov 08, 2010, 12:02 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
if you are willing to try, look at U5, it is a regulator. there are 3 pad on one side and 2 pad on the other side. If you put a jumper wire from the 3 pad side at first pad to the third pad and now on the 2 pad side, you will read 3 v, then look for your signal connection for roll , yaw and pitch again, now it should work. but i do not sure, you will have to try at your risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
Looks like mine from DX, i found the matching voltages on this pins, but they do not change if i move the board.....

hope you have more luck. Somebody said it has to be provided with 3.3V, maybe i killed mine with the 5V.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 12:07 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,190 Posts
i just test my second board of wmp from dealextreme.com and i set pot and stick to 13 and reduce end point of throttle to 80% and found result to be not good like my first wmp. the copter move back and forward like swing either left and right or forward and back. I am using jakub kk board and i think the jakub board use different C and R from other kk board. If c and R is different, the wmp result can be different right? I will check each component on jakub and compare with other kk board standard.

all, rc420pilot, tranthran -------> which kk board are you using and what is the component list? they are different from jakub component right?

any comment