Find More Posts by awilmunder
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
506 Posts
Contest
SVSS Monthly ALES Contest – July 25th in Davis, CA

SVSS, Good for what ALES you!

Here we are approaching the middle of our ALES season and this Saturday looks like a typical day for Davis in July. Winds should be light, with temps climbing into the low 90’s. Be sure to start hydrating early. Have a cool glass of water before you leave for the field and be sure to stop by the cooler if you need a soda or water.

Aric will be the CD this month and we will have our Pilots’ Meeting will be at 9:45 and first flights at 10am. Entry fee is $10 and AMA membership is required. Kevin will be overseeing the lunch prep, we’ll be building our own sandwiches, all for just $5

For directions, visit our website at http://www.svss.org/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2015, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by awilmunder
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
506 Posts
Great day at the field. 3-5mph winds, temps in the high 80's, and 20 pilots to fly with.

Top finishers today in the Radian Class were Kevin Wilmunder, Ron Kucera, and Ram Venkataraman. Even if Kevin weren't my son, I think I would have still noted that his score flying a Radian was second best overall including against the Opens. In the Opens, top honors to Jim Thomas, Don McCullough, and I managed third.

Special thanks to everyone who helped put out landing tapes, rolled up the PA wires, helped put away chairs, rolled the landing tapes, etc. It is great to fly with such a group of competitive and friendly pilots.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Team Hello Kitty
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
1,077 Posts
Had fun in my first-ever electric contest. I really like the way the e-Xplorer 2.5 fuse flew with the X4-v1 wing. I guess that means I've come over to the Dark Side now . Electrics-who woulda thought--yikes.

Chris
SoaringDude is offline Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude View Post
Had fun in my first-ever electric contest. I really like the way the e-Xplorer 2.5 fuse flew with the X4-v1 wing. I guess that means I've come over to the Dark Side now . Electrics-who woulda thought--yikes.

Chris
Oh oh!! Does this mean the TD ships will be collecting dust??? :-O
MOM style IS fun! No matter ALES or F5J.
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Team Hello Kitty
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
MOM style IS fun!
Yeah I enjoyed seeing how close I could fly to the guys next to me on launch. Almost like combat flying. Don't you get extra points for that?
SoaringDude is offline Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Old Jul 27, 2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,610 Posts
Only if you hit them
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74