SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2015, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
So I had a chance to get a half dozen great flights in this weekend and I really love this plane. However with the as3x I'm flying in sport mode and everything is great. I just would like to give the elevator some more throw. Is it possible to do this with my dx9?
Maybe just move the control rod in one hole.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2015, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Tom_H
I fly, I crash, I fly again!
United States, NC, Morrisville
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
So I had a chance to get a half dozen great flights in this weekend and I really love this plane. However with the as3x I'm flying in sport mode and everything is great. I just would like to give the elevator some more throw. Is it possible to do this with my dx9?
That was one of my complaints with the elevator. There is a huge additional dual rate built into the receiver for the elevator control so even 100% on the radio, gives a small rate to the servo. The servo arm is already on the outer hole so you can't get more travel there unless you find a longer arm or drill another hole on the elevator control arm. I reprogrammed my receiver to sport mode to get around this. ~Tom
Tom_H is offline Find More Posts by Tom_H
Old Jul 07, 2015, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
14,489 Posts
With the DX9, which I have also, you can crank up the servo throw from 100% to 150% in the servo programming.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 07, 2015, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,870 Posts
You can reset the RX to Sport mode and then have pretty good throws when setting up the control rods to be straight to the horns.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Jul 07, 2015, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
922 Posts
If anyone has a crashed fuse that they plane on pitching let me know. I need the little red piece that holds the hatch down. The one at the back of the hatch. That is on the fuse. Thanks. Also thanks for all the tips on the elevator throw.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Jul 08, 2015, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by itsparks
Joined Nov 2007
1,242 Posts
Does anyone have a crashed plane that has the nose cone in perfect shape ? Im looking for one, and none on line

please pm me,
itsparks is offline Find More Posts by itsparks
Old Jul 08, 2015, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
922 Posts
not sure if you are looking for the spinner or the front cowl, but both are available. either in ebay or horizon hobby website. I know I saw both when I was looking for the part I need
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy