HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2014, 01:36 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,912 Posts
Great news about how well it flies. Congratulations on a great build. Glad to hear the landing damage was minimal and easily repaired.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2014, 05:13 PM
Clearwater, Florida
Joined Jul 2005
49 Posts
I echo those here who have congratulated you on your success--I know you'll have it repaired in no time!
Stachel is online now Find More Posts by Stachel
Old Aug 30, 2014, 03:13 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
797 Posts
Thanks guys for the congratulations!

The plane is repaired and ready to fly again but the weather turned uncooperative again.
gupi is online now Find More Posts by gupi
Old Aug 30, 2014, 04:02 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,647 Posts
Gupi,
Well done mate, hearty congratulations on a successful and beatifully finished model. Good to hear she's all ready to take to the air again.
I recall reading, many, many years ago, in an American magazine that the model DVII they featured had to be landed under power. Otherwise the drag made it stop as if it had hit a wall.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:05 PM
Bipes Rule!
United States, LA, Pearl River
Joined Feb 2006
323 Posts
Successful landings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERRAKE View Post
Gupi,
Well done mate, hearty congratulations on a successful and beatifully finished model. Good to hear she's all ready to take to the air again.
I recall reading, many, many years ago, in an American magazine that the model DVII they featured had to be landed under power. Otherwise the drag made it stop as if it had hit a wall.

Pete
Hey Pete I think you have something there with landing a D-VII. I was told years ago when I was having trouble landing a DR-1 without flipping over you have to bring them in hot and flair up one the elevator/ throttle when on the ground. ... Well my latest Fokker D-VII I Have one good landing out of numerous attempts. I take off and fly fine it's sticking the landing that has been challenging
RM
RITTMEISTER is offline Find More Posts by RITTMEISTER
Old Aug 31, 2014, 04:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,518 Posts
Bavarian Demon Cortex.....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...