HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
outside of the big stuff (the transmitter), the smaller products are certainly within reach and are what I'm excited for as much as anything... the 10 pin break-out board for the Nanos, that alone will make my setups much easier and nicer. It's never lost on me that the receiver that I flew in an indoor f3p contest over the weekend is as light as all the other stripped 4 channel rx's that the guys are using, and is the same receiver that I use in my giant scale planes... they are the best there is, and it will get better... it really does get me excited.
it is quite cool to run the same rx on my smallest foamies to my biggest 50cc plane for sure..i like the looks i get when i show folk the rx..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,779 Posts
I will need some feed back from you guys on what I should build for a big expander. I like the nice little compact version that I showed in some pics, but I really would like to make it look more like a typical power expander, with a double-stacked PCB and stand offs and make it a bit like the 16 channel receiver I have shown where there are pins front, sides, and rear. The Nano will then become a satellite receiver, with only a single wire necessary. You can put the Nano at the top of your rudder (inside) and run a long servo extension to the power expander board. That eliminates having the Nano around any wires. At that point, you plug your servos in just like you would a regular power expander, and power it with the heavy input leads. Ah... I guess I just start a new thread about this!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I will need some feed back from you guys on what I should build for a big expander. I like the nice little compact version that I showed in some pics, but I really would like to make it look more like a typical power expander, with a double-stacked PCB and stand offs and make it a bit like the 16 channel receiver I have shown where there are pins front, sides, and rear. The Nano will then become a satellite receiver, with only a single wire necessary. You can put the Nano at the top of your rudder (inside) and run a long servo extension to the power expander board. That eliminates having the Nano around any wires. At that point, you plug your servos in just like you would a regular power expander, and power it with the heavy input leads. Ah... I guess I just start a new thread about this!

the original thread is here... will add a response to the end of it...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1667824
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:18 AM
XtremeLink South Africa
mikestark's Avatar
East Coast of South Africa
Joined May 2007
62 Posts
Hi Jim, been away from the forum for the last week or so. What a surprise to see the new thread with this info. Congrat's Jim.

You have 100% commitment from me her in South Africa. It is also good to hear that a new batch of Nano's js not far off, I sold the last of our stock holding last week

I will email you will some questions and input that I have.

Well done on what must have been a difficult decision to make.
mikestark is offline Find More Posts by mikestark
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Registered User
IBbob31's Avatar
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
Nanos @ Ontario?

Jim-
Glad to hear you can move ahead on your own. If you go to the AMA show in Ontario next year, will you have any Nano recivers for sale? If so will they be the NEW style? Thanks for the great system and recievers you produce, and "Made in America".

Thanks
Bob A.
IBbob31 is offline Find More Posts by IBbob31
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,779 Posts
The plane is to have Nanos at the AMA show. They are in production right now, and I should see the first batch of boards arrive here around Christmas (go figure). I am NOT making the new version. I am sticking with what has worked flawlessly now for several years.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The plane is to have Nanos at the AMA show. They are in production right now, and I should see the first batch of boards arrive here around Christmas (go figure). I am NOT making the new version. I am sticking with what has worked flawlessly now for several years.
good thinking 99, if it aint broke, dont fix it!
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
2,428 Posts
It is some time since I last followed the news on XPS and a lot has happened in the meantime. I am glad thing are getting direction now. Although I was very disappointed some time ago I still use XPS and wait for the new equipment to arrive.

Jim, I assume you will still make the new version once everything is sorted out.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:52 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,779 Posts
Yes, that is correct. I do want to switch to the new CPU and LED at some point.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes, that is correct. I do want to switch to the new CPU and LED at some point.
Hi Jim,
People wanting to mate the Nano with the power expander may want a super flat
version to install in the fin of an aircraft or similar. Might be nice to have an option to buy a nano with the terminals block supplied but not soldered in place.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:01 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,779 Posts
I am thinking about making the receiver portion separate for more options, including the Nano with just a single cable, and the DivBee in the satellite receiver case. These could plug into multiple different receiver pin options.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
Registered User
Jim Winters's Avatar
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
57 Posts
Great News !!!!

Hi Jim,

It is GREAT to see that XPS is alive and progressing !!!!
As just one of your loyal customers, my support can't be measured with only
words so I will just say Thank You and I wish you all of the best with XPS and that I will continue to be a loyal customer.

Jim W.
Jim Winters is offline Find More Posts by Jim Winters
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
52 Posts
I know what a power expander and a Nano receiver is but someone please tell me in simple terms what is a Div Bee?

Thanks.
I can't wait to get a 10 outlet power expander and a Remote Nano receiver. I need it for my Half Scale 1912 Blackburn Monoplane, (16 ft wing span, 13ft 6 long). Almost all of the fuselage back to the rear of the cockpit is covered with Litho Plate so with that set up I could have everything plugged into the expander up front close to the servos and batteries and then the Nano out in the open way back along the fuselage. Perfect solution as far as I understand how it will work.
AlanDY is offline Find More Posts by AlanDY
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,779 Posts
Yes, your understanding of the expander is correct... it lets you remotely locate the RF portion of the system out of the way of 'stuff'.

The DivBee is the super long range RF module that I developed originally for the XtremeLink radio system, but found its way to a more permanent market controlling Zigbee devices.

XPS has an RF division, with information about the DivBee module located here:

www.divbee.net
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDY View Post
I know what a power expander and a Nano receiver is but someone please tell me in simple terms what is a Div Bee?

Thanks.
I can't wait to get a 10 outlet power expander and a Remote Nano receiver. I need it for my Half Scale 1912 Blackburn Monoplane, (16 ft wing span, 13ft 6 long). Almost all of the fuselage back to the rear of the cockpit is covered with Litho Plate so with that set up I could have everything plugged into the expander up front close to the servos and batteries and then the Nano out in the open way back along the fuselage. Perfect solution as far as I understand how it will work.

DivBee is the electronic component that holds the new radio technology from XPS... increased range, power, sensitivity, etc. The Nano would be the smallest option, but if you can carry the extra few grams the DivBee based unit will be more capable.



edit: and what Jim said
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Atlanta Memorial Warbirds Classic announced Nov. 1-3 Double E Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 8 Aug 09, 2012 09:39 AM
Discussion "Final Flight" announcement billyjim Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 10 Jul 28, 2012 10:36 AM
Video XPS Announcement Jim T. Graham Electric Plane Talk 1 Jan 13, 2008 10:49 PM