HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Kings big price increase!??!

Seems like HK had themselves a nice little price increase! prices on 3 different size lipos jumped almost 15%! With companies like HobbyPartz offering quality lipos in the USA with free shipping no less, HK better get a clue real quick if they expect to continue doing business here.....
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:35 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,711 Posts
Mmmm,i haven't noticed it yet but they do sell a hell of a lot different batteries at different prices,plus i get all my Hobbyking batteries from there international store in Hong Kong which i'm more than happy with as i can't get the same sort of batteries that i use anywhere as good as theres at the same price here in the UK.

That could soon change though as i've been reading they are going to open a UK branch soon,so once they do i'll be saving even more money.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:53 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,124 Posts
HK wants to take control of the market and then raise the prices to what ever they want...

MONOPOLY!!!
Hell I really don't buy from HK.

Fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Whats pathetic is that they just jacked up the shipping rates in the US. I have an import export company and i can tell you for a fact that these criminals are now raping the consumer on shipping. Just placed an order for 2 5s5000 lipos and they wanted 16.00 for it. Thats absurd as i bought the SAME 2 lopos 8 mos ago and the shipping was 7.95!
Im now doing all my business with Hobbypartz and using their Sky lipos. This isnt a plug for another company rather a " be warned" post as Hk has become greedy with the most pathetic customer service on the planet.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,124 Posts
hidaven,

hey we are here to help each other and yes word of mounth is stronger than any marketing.
for now Hobbypartz is doing just great for the customer.

fred
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
hidaven,

hey we are here to help each other and yes word of mounth is stronger than any marketing.
for now Hobbypartz is doing just great for the customer.

fred
Has anyone tried the Hobbypartz 4000 batteries? I need some 3s packs, and recommendations?

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
I have used the 40-80c 5s 3300's and the 5s 5000's and they are just fine. And Im really pushing them in F5B hotliners......I respect a company that looks to make a fair profit and not try to scam its loyal customers.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
yeah, the hobbypartz gens ace batteries are the best! and sky lipo isnt bad either. great for the money. i have from 3s 800 up to 5s 4000, and they run perfectly in everything i have.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
13 Posts
Re hidaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
HK better get a clue real quick if they expect to continue doing business here.....
It seems that they don't take our customers feeling into consideration. They just consider their own profits. It is us( all of us) should pay for the price. That is too bad.
JacobGreen is offline Find More Posts by JacobGreen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,665 Posts
It is about time they (Hobby King ) raised their prices especially here in the US for items from the US warehouse / store fronts.

It cost a l;ot to do business here , people here will not work for mininum wage and no benefits even if they are out of work and need a job.

Perhaps if HK charges enough the other on-line vendors can stay in business and perhaps even make a come back.
\
Notice:

This thread like so many others does not belong in B & C . There is a Vendor's Forum.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Charles, get some money together and lets open up a a company called the LiPo Depot!
we will work for min. wage and be like santa clauses for the masses : )
Last edited by hidaven; Mar 15, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
HK wants to take control of the market and then raise the prices to what ever they want...

MONOPOLY!!!
Hell I really don't buy from HK.

Fred
A bit like Microsoft and other companies then.... ?
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,124 Posts
anybody had the time to look at the General Ledger of HK or HR departement? to look at the hourly salaries paid to each employee???

I didn't know it was out? Okay then I will audit the books....

fred
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
I don't trust HK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

Both the same radio, two different prices. One is from China the other the US warehouse. Neither factor in shipping. You would think the price would be the same no matter the warehouse location, only shipping would be different. So if your battery prices differ, double check where it's coming from. Seems with HK it makes a difference.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,694 Posts
I would expect the price in the US warehouse to be much higher due to shipping from Asia, import duties/tariffs and higher costs for the US warehouse. The fact that all this only adds up to about 12% difference is surprisingly (to me) low.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.