SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
I see it only has a connector for the ESC, in case if I want to turn the engine back on Brushless also need another ESC? If yes, where I turn it on? If not, where will bind the motor?
If you are talking about the tail motor, you attach the second ESC to the brushed to brushless converter that is in turn attached to the tail motor plug on the PCB. You will also attach the battery wires of the ESC to the battery. Everything will bind together as normal. You will however, have to set the tail motor stick position on the Tx in the same manner that you would for the main motor.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
You guys can always check into rehab. They have wonderful programs for addictions nowadays. I need to. I was just looking at my eleventh Heli, but did not press the buy button.
I confess, I am copterholic too. Now that I made the first step to my healing, I deserve a little reward, where is the button...
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
I too am a copterholic... The sixth step in my healing has arrived - Solo Pro 228. Now, when is that MJX F46 due to be released? No hope for me.....
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:26 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,454 Posts
Confession: Me too. At first I was ok with V911's and V929's but then I started needing more power, more speed, more lift, more lights. At the rate I'm going I'll need to sell my house sometime next year so I can afford a bigger, faster, more powerful helicopter.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
one more here, soon its not enough to fly the thing from distance and i have to build one i can fly myself inside.
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
@ SaintPipo

How is your brushless setup running? Noted any problems? I am thinking of using those conversion parts. Thanks.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
Brushless F45

After 40 days of waiting my brushless motor and ESC had finally arrived last week.
Very satisfied with this upgrade, even thou I wouldn't mind putting a more powerful motor, but the tail rotor is the limiting factor. Would it be too much for the EH200 motor to use higher performance blades (provided I use the same 10t pinion gear)?
kozack is offline Find More Posts by kozack
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
As an experiment today I flew my brushless F45 in extremely high wind during a storm (28-35mph) near the lake. It successfully resisted the wind and was able to return back to me! Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep horizontal right before the landing.
kozack is offline Find More Posts by kozack
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:05 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,454 Posts
The xtreme-production blades made for the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch work amazingly well on the EH200 w/3s batteries. The only catch is they break so damn easy that any mistake is pretty much unforgivable. I've gone through quite a few sets in a short time. I'm trying to think of an alternative as they're kinda pricey.

http://www.pimp-my-helicopter.com/wo...ch-id-104.html
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2626
(sorry, I bought the last 2 sets)
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
My replacement F45 shows up tomorrow along with a new coax. I know, boring to fly. But great for a small stable videoing platform.

I'm going to read through whole thread before flying the F45. I'll let the coax feed my flying hunger.
Twelvizm is offline Find More Posts by Twelvizm
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:46 AM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
If you are talking about the tail motor, you attach the second ESC to the brushed to brushless converter that is in turn attached to the tail motor plug on the PCB. You will also attach the battery wires of the ESC to the battery. Everything will bind together as normal. You will however, have to set the tail motor stick position on the Tx in the same manner that you would for the main motor.
Yes, I speak of the tail motor! But not quite understand what you mean = (

Could you explain that again? If not encomodo. I'm really sorry, because I live in Brazil, and translations of Google so I can read their comments are horrible!

Thanks for the attention, even!
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:45 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Q1: What batteries are you guys using in your TX? Anyone using rechargeable batteries? I have +/- thousand of rechargeable batteries but in the TX the voltage is too low - am I really need to use normal batteries respectively alkaline ones?

Q2: Does anyone have solid flybar? From the videos and pics everywhere on the web I saw that the F45 has flexible flybar. But not mine. Maybe a new version...

//I really dont trust the charger. Looks like my first investment will be into a new charger and battery.

And about charging - the heli just arrived. Is it OK to charge it now? I read its bad to let the battery go down on voltage so its better to charge the batter also when its not discharged.
And also about charging - how to charge the battery? Take it out from the heli or let it be?
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 30, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:58 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Q1: What batteries are you guys using in your TX? Anyone using rechargeable batteries? I have +/- thousand of rechargeable batteries but in the TX the voltage is too low - am I really need to use normal batteries respectively alkaline ones?
I put 2000 mAh NiMh rechargable batteries in my TX, without any problem.
Of course, because of the lower voltage, the battery indicator on the LCD screen shows half discharged batteries, but anyway, it works for hours and hours

Quote:
Q2: Does anyone have solid flybar? From the videos and pics everywhere on the web I saw that the F45 has flexible flybar. But not mine. Maybe a new version...
The flybar is made of metal, wich is quite flexible, what means that in case of a crash it bends, but you can bend it straight back.
I have a spare flybar, but although I bent my original one several times, no need to replace it for now...

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:12 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Well, I tryed about ten 2500mAh GPs and the battery icon was empty and blinking. Yeah, I havent charged them a while so Im charging them right now. Anyway its pretty rainy outside
In the manual it says that using rechargeable batteries (1,2v) reduces the range of the TX signal - is that true?
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:22 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
//I really dont trust the charger. Looks like my first investment will be into a new charger and battery.

And about charging - the heli just arrived. Is it OK to charge it now? I read its bad to let the battery go down on voltage so its better to charge the batter also when its not discharged.
And also about charging - how to charge the battery? Take it out from the heli or let it be?
Its no problem to charge your battery now. Rather to keep te battery in the heli or out is up to you just dont forget to shut the heli off when you keep it in the heli charged.

Your flybar is flexibel to like Rollmops67 allso said
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin