SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:35 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,512 Posts
I don't own it yet, PLMS can reply better, but my understanding is that DHT-U is able to display either data from receiver, or from hub, and should autodetect if a hub is connected to the receiver.
This should be valid for any Frsky two way receiver, DxR, any version.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:39 AM
Joined Jan 2005
84 Posts
TNX Renatoa
nanoflyer is offline Find More Posts by nanoflyer
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.thomson View Post
I suspect that I personally will be hedging my bets on the er9x + frsky mod being the way to go.
Rob
The trouble for me is that I don't want to stop using my very nice quality Futaba handsets. I know the programming of them inside out and left to right. So for me and probably a lot of other guys too the add on screen will be well accepted. Time will tell though...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:20 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darook View Post
OK, so I won't have to buy a new tx module.
Well yes and no. The DHT-U unit IS a new transmitter module, it just does not plug into the DJT hole in the back of your JR radio. If you fit a DHT-U you will throw the old DJT module over your shoulder. The connections to the radio can then be done on the pins in the module socket directly. A 0.1" header strip could be used to make it removable.

I can see a few 'How too' posts coming up as the first savvy users get them and fit them to the popular radios.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
I don't own it yet, PLMS can reply better, but my understanding is that DHT-U is able to display either data from receiver, or from hub, and should autodetect if a hub is connected to the receiver.
Guys, I will try this tomorrow night and report back. Sorry it's slow coming, I juggle too many things currently.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:24 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
...If you fit a DHT-U you will throw the old DJT module over your shoulder...
But make public here the coordinates where you throw it
I see a good opportunity for a garbage collector startup
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:46 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.thomson View Post
In time, the tiny LCD looks like it is going to be updated, and this will be the route you will need to take. Essentially, a separate LCD to view the telemetry data. I would personally wait for the system to get a proper case before you worry about buying it. The plastic tape version is a bit rubbish!
Rob
Guys the small FDD (or FLD-01 or LCD-FDD_Lite) unit seems at closer look to be purely intended for use as a toolbox field programmer. It does not (at this stage) save the values you set on it for the voltage dividers, meaning that each time you use it you need to set Ain1 and Ain2 again to read the real battery voltages in the model.
It does save the alarm values to the DJT or DFT modules though, just like the PC software does (it's intended function).

So yes, you can use it to display the voltage telemetry, but you will need to set it the divider ratio at every power up. Hope that makes sense.

I think the intention is that if you want proper full time telemetry display, you buy the DHT-U unit.
If I hear of find anything different to what I've just said I will update the post.
Martin

Edit 27/07/11: It seems that there will be another device coming soon to plug into the DFT and DJT modules that will give all the Hub info.
Last edited by PLMS; Jul 27, 2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: New info
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
Australia, NT, Anmatjere
Joined Oct 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darook View Post
OK, so I won't have to buy a new tx module. All I need is the DHT-U and the new 2 way rx's ***edit transmitters edit***. Right?

Where can one buy the new DHT-U and other goodies?
Here you go lots of goodies here, there a bit more expensive than hk but they shipped my DHT/ D6FR fast.

http://www.himodel.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin, So yes, you can use it to display the voltage telemetry, but you will need to set it the divider ratio at every power up. Hope that makes sense.

I think the intention is that if you want proper full time telemetry display, you buy the DHT-U unit.
If I hear of find anything different to what I've just said I will update the post.
Martin
Well hopefully they might change that for customers needing just rssi + ad1- ad2 data.
Emoto is offline Find More Posts by Emoto
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,459 Posts
Martin
Thanks for the pictures.
Neal
Nobert is online now Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,082 Posts
Does anyone know if they will make the DHT-U sans transceiver so that it can be plugged into an existing telemetry module and just used to display data from a hub?

I would like to use the hub but I already have a DJT and do not like the idea of a plug that connects where a module use to go.

For that matter, they could incorporate the plug in module with a part that sticks above the top of the Tx and is used for attaching a screen. The antenna can then go out the top of this.

Either way, why do I need to discard a telemetry module in order to use the hub and its sensors?

EDIT: should have read the thread more closely. What I am asking for should be out in a couple of months. Thanks Frsky!!!!

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Last edited by Fly2High; Jul 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,082 Posts
Too bad they didn't make a plastic or nylon antenna replacement pole that you would use to mount the DHT -U onto and the wire could be snaked inside down the antenna replacement into the transmitter.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:41 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,082 Posts
Just looking at the numbers say from HiModel:
a D8R costs about $31
the DHT-U $70

so for a complete telemetry package ~$100 with receiver.

the Module and D8R costs $68.

So we would all suspect that the display that would work with the telemetry module to be about $32 give or take???

With the FDD - lite being $22.66, why would anyone not spend the extra $10 for a full display?

Not sure for whom they were marketing the lite display?

Is there anything the lite display can do that the full display cannot?

Frank
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:32 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
Guys the small FDD (or FLD-01 or LCD-FDD_Lite) unit seems at closer look to be purely intended for use as a toolbox field programmer. It does not (at this stage) save the values you set on it for the voltage dividers, meaning that each time you use it you need to set Ain1 and Ain2 again to read the real battery voltages in the model............ Martin
So better stay with my Flytron display , even if I can not programm the tx module alarms.

Thanks for the photos of the guts of the sensors .

I have ordered from Himodel a hub plus vario , temperature sensor and rpm sensor.

Hope I will be able to guess the format they are using to send the telemetry so I can make my own rx display with the help of my little arduino .

Dreaming of the possibility of voice telemetry and vario ....
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:42 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,662 Posts
Well, this is rather disappointing. I got the DJT specifically because of the "future" displays. Seems like ano-brainer they would have made the plug-into-old-modules first rather than the universal first. Why try to make money off a new consumer base when you have already established one? Seems boneheaded. The lite module looks useful ONLY if it is programed to be what we need. Meaning, what most of us were hoping for. Not just a plug it in to figure it out at the field but an operational unit as an addendum to the the existing DFT and DJT modules. We have been on hold for half a year on this one only to be let down. Not sure about being a future loyal customer other than Rx purchases. The number of revisions and firmware changes for the Rxs seems to be overwhelming for the average user and FRSky should take note of that as well.

Dont get me wrong, I like what I have and it works well. I am content in the money I have spent but I'd like to spend more where it meets the need. This has been a need and its not been addressed. I feel like a neglected customer.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman