HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What LRS combination(s) have you and friends flown with ? Please check all that apply
Chainlink - Chainlink 0 0%
Chainlink - DMD 0 0%
Chainlink - EZUhf 1 14.29%
Chainlink - Other 1 14.29%
Chainlink - PCM 0 0%
Chainlink - RMILEC 0 0%
DMD - DMD 0 0%
DMD - EZUhf 0 0%
DMD - Other 0 0%
DMD - RMILEC 0 0%
Dragon link - Chainlink 0 0%
Dragon link - DMD 0 0%
Dragon link - Dragon link 2 28.57%
Dragon link - EZUhf 1 14.29%
Dragon link - Other 0 0%
Dragon link - RMILEC 0 0%
Dragon link - Scherrer 1 14.29%
EZUhf - EZUhf 2 28.57%
EZUhf - Other 0 0%
EZUhf - RMILEC 0 0%
RMILEC - Other 0 0%
RMILEC - RMILEC 0 0%
Scherrer - Chainlink 0 0%
Scherrer - DMD 0 0%
Scherrer - EZUhf 0 0%
Scherrer - Other 0 0%
Scherrer - RMILEC 0 0%
Scherrer - Scherrer 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:28 PM
FPVEEE ED
Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
293 Posts
Poll
Flying multiple planes (LRS's, other tx systems) at the same time

Hi all !

As me and some of my friends are having problems when we "try" to fly togheter, i would like to ask some of you that also fly with friends:
  • What system(s) (LRS or not) are you guys using when flying together (detailed setup, including antenna contruction/placement) ?
  • Have you experienced problems like failsafes, range reduction, glitches, other(s) when flying together (detailed description) ?
  • What solution(s), if any, have you found and applied to avoid those problems (detailed description) ?
  • Any other ideas, technical advices, related info, etc. ??

The goal here is to find some tips to help those (like me) who are experiencing problems when flying with multiple systems. As there are a lot of information on different threads, this maybe usefull to centralize the info and make it more available when searching the forums. Thanx !
ecampos is offline Find More Posts by ecampos
Last edited by ecampos; Jun 12, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,376 Posts
I worked with Tim @ ReadyMadeRC to ensure a fellow flyer and myself didn't have the same channels on our Scherrer TXs. If I remember correctly there are 256 channels so the chances are slim to have the same one, but technically possible.

So far no problems.
CaliDave is online now Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:44 PM
FPVEEE ED
Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
293 Posts
What system(s) (LRS or not) are you guys using when flying together (detailed setup, including antenna contruction/placement) ?

- 2 DL's and an EZUHF

- Stock dipole antennas on DL's and diversity single pole's on EZUhf

Have you experienced problems like failsafes, range reduction, glitches, other(s) when flying together (detailed description) ?

Yes:

- My DL + my friend's DL: Constant failsafes and a crash, major range reduction, almost impossible to fly together
- EZUhf + my friend's DL : Failsafes, but sometimes work
- My DL and my friend's EZUhf: glitches and failsafes, sometimes it works (not very often)

What solution(s), if any, have you found and applied to avoid those problems (detailed description) ?

Haven't found yet. But have tried:

1 - From DL forum: turning tx on while friends are flying and repeating procedure to find a good glitch free frequency spot... no success.

2 - Re-Binding rx's... no success...

3 - Staying away from each other (good distance)... no success...

4 - Swapping Dragon Link rx for different one... no success...
Last edited by ecampos; Jun 10, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
FPVEEE ED
Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
I worked with Tim @ ReadyMadeRC to ensure a fellow flyer and myself didn't have the same channels on our Scherrer TXs. If I remember correctly there are 256 channels so the chances are slim to have the same one, but technically possible.

So far no problems.
Glad to hear that I'm actually thinking in switching to Scherrer... But i'm looking for more info about flying with more than 2 people without the problems we actually have here How can you know what channel you system is using ?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
I wonder if you could have changed the freq on the EZUHF.... I know you can do it using Immersion tools - but I don't know if you get enough seperation.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,629 Posts
I have EzUHF my wingman has Chain Link and we regularly fly together with no problems
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.