HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Syma S107 Interferance

Hey all i'm new to the forums and the hobby and i have a problem i hope someone might be able to help me with.

I recently bought a syma s107 (love it! ) and i noticed that whenever my Dish Network satellite is turned on i get interference and lose control of the heli and also the satellite has trouble receiving commands. My satellite runs off of both IR and UHF remotes and I've tried adjusting the frequencies but I'm still getting the interference. Also i'd like to note that my syma s013 heli that i started with never had any problems with the satellite. Have any of you ever had similar problems and know a good fix?

I know the easy answer is to turn off the satellite when i'm using the heli but there are other people in the house who want to watch tv haha so i'm trying to find a solution that works for everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen
sfrancik is offline Find More Posts by sfrancik
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:21 PM
Centreville, Va
Joined Nov 2010
88 Posts
Are you in the same room as the TV? Sounds more like RF interference, Is the dish equipment grounded?
lerninmore is offline Find More Posts by lerninmore
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
Yes the living room is the biggest room i have to fly in and is also where the satellite box is located. I've tested it pretty extensively and when the satellite box is in "sleep" mode i have no problems flying but when it's "on" i get massive interference. Like i said before it doesn't happen with the other helis i own just my 2 s107s....

Thanks for the reply!
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:57 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,379 Posts
107's code is more efficient than others but it's also more susceptible.

It is not the sat box, it is the TV. Sat boxes don't radiate to speak of, and IR doesn't care about RF anyway.

IR is known to have problems with TV, fluorescents, as well as daylight naturally. My 20" CRT doesn't bother 107 but many have said larger screens and lower-retention displays do.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:00 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
Ditch the Dish & keep the 107.
TravisBean is online now Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
You're right arbilab! After further examination the tv was the cause of the interference. So is there nothing that can help them work in harmony or do i just have to shut down the tv for heli time?

Thanks for all the help everyone and TravisBean i hardly ever use the dish so i totally would!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:07 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,379 Posts
Fly during commercials? That's what I do anyway.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:40 AM
Joined Feb 2010
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
107's code is more efficient than others but it's also more susceptible.

It is not the sat box, it is the TV. Sat boxes don't radiate to speak of, and IR doesn't care about RF anyway.

IR is known to have problems with TV, fluorescents, as well as daylight naturally. My 20" CRT doesn't bother 107 but many have said larger screens and lower-retention displays do.
Yes,my Syma107 is also lost control when flying in room with fluorescents especially with distance over 3 metres.
ndp62 is offline Find More Posts by ndp62