HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Montrose CO
United States, CO, Montrose
Joined Apr 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe221 View Post
Not sure what your looking for, but several have them on their blogs. Motors from .10-.46 size.
I'm about to put the two halves together and would like to see some pictures of equipment placement. This thread is so long it's almost impossible to find anything. And search is pretty unhelpful. I think it was called "Performance mods for Fun Cub or something like that.
Thanks
not2fast is offline Find More Posts by not2fast
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,664 Posts
There is really no need to install any electronics before joining the halves... the manual has you install the elevator and rudder servo, but that's really just to simplify fishing the wires. Since you have to be able to get to everything after the plane is done, everything can be installed afterward.....
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Today, 06:59 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
413 Posts
did you leave it stock or have you added a sub floor or MM stiffener? Depends on how it's configured...
oceanway99 is offline Find More Posts by oceanway99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mancave
Old Today, 09:10 AM
Montrose CO
United States, CO, Montrose
Joined Apr 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanway99 View Post
did you leave it stock or have you added a sub floor or MM stiffener? Depends on how it's configured...
This is how I arranged the parts. The BEC is in a section of the tail that is unused . If it is necessary to remove the BEC the wall the wires go through can easily be cut out but the BEC is one of those devises that just mostly get in the way. There are ventilation holes in the webs to keep it cool.
not2fast is offline Find More Posts by not2fast
Old Today, 10:33 AM
Estonia, Harju, Tallinn
Joined Aug 2012
62 Posts
One more picture about my tailwheel installation in addition to those posted on page 1488.

At first I fixed the wire to the plastic part with a drop of cyano. Then I covered the wire with baking soda and flooded with cyano. it should make for a stronger joint.
Recce is offline Find More Posts by Recce
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
This is how I arranged the parts. The BEC is in a section of the tail that is unused . If it is necessary to remove the BEC the wall the wires go through can easily be cut out but the BEC is one of those devises that just mostly get in the way. There are ventilation holes in the webs to keep it cool.
You still have room under the tray, why not put it under there?

@ Recce

Looks like you might have fixed your problem, but if it don't hold, you can replace the tailwheel assembly completely .
gabe221 is offline Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Titan from CTH
Old Today, 02:15 PM
Rather be flying
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Feb 2009
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmrpm View Post
Quick, easy and cheap GoPro/camera mount, using the wing bolts and placing the pad so camera mass is on CG.
Just wondering how your FC flew with that mount. I mounted my Gopro in a similar fashion and it did not flew very well. It immediatly began to yaw as if the vert. stab had been blanked out by the camera. Was not at all happy with the flight. Now my FC is an older model with a smaller vert. stabilizer. Also had it mounted further back towards the trailing edge and moved the battery forward to compensate.
tsudduth is online now Find More Posts by tsudduth