Find More Posts by Dogdude
Joined Aug 2012
1,792 Posts
Discussion
Goodluckbuy 250 Mini Quadcopter aka GLB QAV250

Yeah, dodgy naming by GLB I know

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/qav250-fi...pcb-board.html

Anyway, here's a first flight with the Dart 250

Hobbyking Dart 250 Mini Quad QAV250 Blackout (1 min 57 sec)

It's a very high quality frame weighing in at a mere 136 grams with all fittings (no electronics)
It's a clean and dirty system with two top plates and two bottom plates
It has the PCB built into the board for power distribution with more solder points than you'll ever need, also an XT60 can be soldered directly to the rear with no need for cables (cool)
The ESC's fit nicely between the two bottom plates
All in it was very easy to put togther and very well thought out, even with little channels for the esc wires where the arms meet the frame
This one has an original Copter Control board which flew fantastically stable on the recommended settings, it's using ZMR 2400kv motors and SimonK 12a ESC's with a 1300mah 3S battery
Oh and those LED's on the front will blind you if you're not carefull
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Last edited by Dogdude; Oct 10, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2014, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by Dogdude
Joined Aug 2012
1,792 Posts
Some pictures for you....

Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by superjon
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2011
228 Posts
Dogdude,

Can you get me the exact measurements inside the upper box ("clean" area)? I would like the actual measurement between the aluminum posts and the actual measurement between the top and bottom plates. Also, can you tell me the length of the top plates?

I am trying to decide which parts to go with and which batteries to go with and having these measurements would seriously help.

Thanks,
Jon
superjon is offline Find More Posts by superjon
Old Mar 01, 2015, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by betibeau
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
254 Posts
Measurement and lipo place

The best battery place is underneath (velcoed to the lowest plate). You 'll have no limit (using from 1300Mah 3S upto 4500mah 4S). Do not forget the camera is normally mounted between the 2 upper plates, means, to room to put the lipo. The distance between 2 adjacent bronze spacer is 4cm (ok for 3S, KO for 4S). Better to add a strap around the battery to sustain Gs during flips. Enjoy.....
betibeau is online now Find More Posts by betibeau