New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2009, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by InfaRed
Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Discussion
Cellpro 10S 15A fuse

I read the FAQ about the 'No Plug Blocker', and have diagnosed that the fuse is blown. Where can I get a replacement? The UK stockist does not do repairs and apart from offering a replacement at 75.00, wasn't all that helpful.

Ian
InfaRed is offline Find More Posts by InfaRed
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2009, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Marks
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfaRed View Post
I read the FAQ about the 'No Plug Blocker', and have diagnosed that the fuse is blown. Where can I get a replacement? The UK stockist does not do repairs and apart from offering a replacement at 75.00, wasn't all that helpful.

Ian
Hi Ian:

If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can carefully remove the top plate, remove the current 15A fast blow fuse, and replace with an automobile "blade" type 15A fuse. If you have questions, let us know.

Hope this helps!

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Nov 07, 2009, 03:09 AM
Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Thanks Tim,

I'll give that a try and report back when I have done it

By the way the UK supplier is warning me of other possible damge and that it may need calibrating. It works fine charging a single pack. Is this a likely scenario?

Ian
Old Nov 07, 2009, 10:46 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Tim,

I'll give that a try and report back when I have done it

By the way the UK supplier is warning me of other possible damge and that it may need calibrating. It works fine charging a single pack. Is this a likely scenario?

Ian
Ian:

There's a very good possibility that the fuse is the only issue. Although we put a skull and cross-bones symbol between the inner two banana jacks, customers still plug a battery across these banana jacks by mistake from time-to-time. That's what takes out this fuse. So hopefully that's all that's happened in your case as well.

Good luck.

Tim Marks
Old Nov 08, 2009, 06:03 PM
Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Replaced the fuse with an automotive blade type and all appears to be working. Just topped off a couple of Flightmax lipos and got the readings for each separately.

As a separate issue I have an Overlander Tornado 3s 2100 which is a PQ type connector. When I use the Cellpro 4s adapter it charges OK, however the 6s adaptor(s) gives me a reverse polarity error. Any ideas?

Ian
Old Nov 08, 2009, 07:04 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Replaced the fuse with an automotive blade type and all appears to be working. Just topped off a couple of Flightmax lipos and got the readings for each separately.

As a separate issue I have an Overlander Tornado 3s 2100 which is a PQ type connector. When I use the Cellpro 4s adapter it charges OK, however the 6s adaptor(s) gives me a reverse polarity error. Any ideas?

Ian
Glad to hear you were able to swap out the fuse and get the charger working again! With regard to the adapter issue, that's odd. The 4s and 6s adapters should be virtually identical in operation with regard to a single 3s battery. When using the 6s adapter, make sure you are plugging the first pigtail (the one that does not have the wrap-around label which reads "Connect for 6s") plugged into channel 1 of the charger. The pigtail with the label goes into channel 2 and is only used when you are charging a 6s battery.
Old Nov 09, 2009, 01:47 AM
Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
The adaptors over here are not marked connect for 6s only.
One side is for PQ connectors and the other for TP. Or so it appears.
It looks exactly like http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...280&section=72.
If you have two of these then you can charge two packs.
If the label is missing which wire connection should I be using, Left or Right?

Ian
Last edited by InfaRed; Nov 09, 2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Extra information
Old Nov 09, 2009, 09:11 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,065 Posts
Quote:
The adaptors over here are not marked connect for 6s only.
One side is for PQ connectors and the other for TP. Or so it appears.
It looks exactly like http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...280&section=72.
If you have two of these then you can charge two packs.
If the label is missing which wire connection should I be using, Left or Right?

Ian
Ian:

Ah, O.K. That's the problem. Both pigtails can be used for either brand. For 2s-5s, you need to plug the pigtail opposite the TP style into Channel 1. If 6s, then you would also use the other pigtail and plug it in to channel 2.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll need to touch base with the mfr and make sure they fix this problem.

Tim Marks
Old Nov 09, 2009, 02:55 PM
Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Thanks Tim. I was beginning to suspect that as I had used the TP side to charge a Flightpower Lipo OK. Good of you to confirm it.
I'll get some labels and mark up all my adaptors.

Ian
Old May 01, 2015, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by John K. White
Joined Apr 2014
8 Posts
Cellpro 10S Charger Error Message

My Cellpro 10S Charger will charge one 1350 mAh LiPo, but when trying to charge two 1350 mAh LiPo's it gives an error message "Ch2 Bad S. Count". I can charge two 350 mAh LiPo's with no problem. What is wrong with the charger? Is the fuse blown? If replacing the fuse will fix the charger, how do I go about doing this?
John K. White is offline Find More Posts by John K. White
Old May 01, 2015, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K. White View Post
My Cellpro 10S Charger will charge one 1350 mAh LiPo, but when trying to charge two 1350 mAh LiPo's it gives an error message "Ch2 Bad S. Count". I can charge two 350 mAh LiPo's with no problem. What is wrong with the charger? Is the fuse blown? If replacing the fuse will fix the charger, how do I go about doing this?
How are the packs connected to the charger? Can you post a picture? Are the 350 pack and the 1350 pack the same cell count?

Similar thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2395594
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old May 02, 2015, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
6,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K. White View Post
John,
Anytime you refer to a battery please specify both the cell count and the mAh.
Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1