Old Jun 09, 2016, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
Discussion
Just bought a Blade 130X

....with the idea of learning some more 'adventurous' flying on a small heli. Similar to how I learned four channel flying on a V911. I've bought the BNF version for use with my DX6I tx. Does anyone here know if it has a stability mode?
rossi46 is offline Find More Posts by rossi46
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2016, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by nickthenorse
Norway
Joined Apr 2015
46 Posts
No stability mode on that heli, I'm afraid.
nickthenorse is offline Find More Posts by nickthenorse
Old Jun 09, 2016, 07:04 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
Lol in at the deep end then
Old Jun 09, 2016, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
3,890 Posts
they are know as a "hard to fly" and also suffer issues with the tail drive...........

not a beginners machine mate........

if you find a master CP a handful then this will be a proverbial nightmare ! Like most blade stuff the secret is taming it way down so you can fly it and get the feel for it without crashing your brains out due to their aggressive stock settings................
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Old Jun 09, 2016, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2015
391 Posts
Nothing will and can beat SIM time with learning to fly heli's. You'll spend all your time looking for the right heli.

I still put in SIM time and transition these moves onto my V977 although not all moves are 100% do-able on the V977. Then I move onto the 230s and try them there.

First time I failed on the 230s - had a small crash and had to replace the main gear, thankfully a small fix.

All the best!
Jake
jakeaheli is offline Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:38 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Feb 2015
844 Posts
You're sure to have some fun flying the 130x. I have 4 of them and enjoy them very much Just tame it down with some expo and DR.
3D Ambitions is offline Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
Old Jun 10, 2016, 01:58 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
I'm limited to what flight sim I can have due to the fact that I won't have a Windows pc in my house. I run 3 linux machines.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by zadaw
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,505 Posts
You will need all the luck you can get with this model. It is without doubt the most controversial model released by Blade in recent years. It may look quite durable at first but a crash could trigger off a series of events that result in a nightmare.

My first two 130X were OK, but my next four were terrible. Now despite having lots of parts, I cannot get a single one into the air. I must have been to the flying field 20 times without any luck. I have recurrent problems with the tail, servos and the board.

I would advise you to change the A gear to metal as soon as possible. Otherwise, the plastic one will wear out soon on its own and you will crash.

I am now flying the 180CFX and am quite happy with it. However, its 3S power is quite intimidating for beginners. The nano CPS is actually harder to fly than the 130X and 180CFX. However, the vast majority of crashes result in no damage.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Jun 10, 2016 at 04:36 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 04:19 AM
Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2015
391 Posts
Aaah i see. I do believe that there is a sim that works with linux, not sure what its called.

It would be a good idea to invest in a cheap laptop that would run Phoenix or RF7.5 on it. Trust me it will save you 100's in the long run.

Jake
jakeaheli is offline Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Old Jun 15, 2016, 05:53 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
Woohoo! The shipping website says my heli is out for delivery

I'm nervous after reading the comments on here, though :/
Old Jun 15, 2016, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by warlikeofchaos
Jungle man flyer
Brazil, AM, Manaus
Joined Aug 2015
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
I'm limited to what flight sim I can have due to the fact that I won't have a Windows pc in my house. I run 3 linux machines.
Nice to have a Linux fellow over here. I also run Linux. Arch Linux all the day long.

On tux we have the heli-x (paid), java written, a solid sim.
On my case, I already had phoenix 3 and I have a licence of win 7 that came on my notebook, so I uninstalled the M$ system, installed arch and fire phoenix through a VM that runs that licence. (It still running on the machine that it came along, so I'm still legal right?!)

I flipped a lot on sim before attempt a flip IRL on my 100s and I was successful on that fist try IRL. (With legs and arms shaking a lot after the move of course)
warlikeofchaos is offline Find More Posts by warlikeofchaos
Old Jun 15, 2016, 01:12 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
I've been tinkering in linux since the command-line-driven dark days of Red Hat in the 1990s .

Currently I run Linux Mint and Fedora on my machines and it looks like in going to have to run VMWare and wundoze in tandem. I used to do this with video software a few years ago.

I'm hoping to offset the crash savings with buying a sim
Old Jun 15, 2016, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Feb 2015
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
Woohoo! The shipping website says my heli is out for delivery

I'm nervous after reading the comments on here, though :/
Did you get a new one? Let us know how it works out for ya.
3D Ambitions is offline Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
Old Jun 15, 2016, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by denis747
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Nov 2015
589 Posts
+1 on Heli-X, it is a very good sim. The trex 450 in it flies just like my real life 450.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
denis747 is online now Find More Posts by denis747
Old Jun 15, 2016, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by dteel
Please call me Dana
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
4,471 Posts
I actually had pretty good luck with my 130X. I was quite happy with how it handled. Once you understand how to properly set the tail boom for the TT length most of the tail issues many folks complain about are gone.

I agree with zadaw that you should replace the "A" gear as soon as possible with a metal gear.

I also replaced the main shaft with the titanium one. I replaced the swash and blade grips with the CNC metal ones, I think they were Lynx. The plastic ones worked fine but often broke in a crash. I wanted something more durable.

Those were the parts that I found benefited the aircraft as a whole and improved durability significantly. Oh, I never had problem with the stock tail servo, other than they seem to wear out quickly. I replaced mine with the DS76T, never a problem after that.

Best of luck with your 130X, I think you'll like this model.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel