667 Posts
While I do feel for the guy (gal?), I did chuckle when I read this. Thanks
farquward is offline Find More Posts by farquward
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,861 Posts
I was flying my V450d01 V2 at local park. Flight went well and landed. Guy and his son came over and asked few questions.. He told me that his heli was bigger and better. OK Fine i'm game. They take out this real big 3 ch co-ax. something x-heli sells or sold. Wind picked up and I packed it in. Guy and son said they were going to fly. Advised to windy for that heli. Nonsense they say. Yours flew and ours is bigger.
This park has a large lake in middle close to area we were. I tried to explain co-ax is like a sailboat in wind. again nada reponse. OK this is going to be fun. Co- ax acting bad on ground and then into the air it goes. Nice big 180 * into lake near far end about 35 feet from shore. Sank like a rock. I got into me car to leave and passed them. I only said I' told you so !! Sure i felt bad for kid but they has attitude we don't need no stinking advice.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 10, 2016, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
526 Posts
Lol classic.

I wouldn't even have said anything, just watched the fun
rossi46 is offline Find More Posts by rossi46
Old Apr 10, 2016, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by elan
VT
Joined Feb 2006
3,412 Posts
rossi46 and Dan, Those stories are too funny! :-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Apr 10, 2016, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by CraigHB
it wasn't me
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
2,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Yours flew and ours is bigger.
That's funny. Guys with zero experience saying things people like that say. Almost always ends badly when they have no idea what they're doing, no surprise that time. Never seen a 3ch coax bigger than a 450. Can't believe anyone makes one that big let alone anyone would buy one.
CraigHB is online now Find More Posts by CraigHB
Old Apr 10, 2016, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by elan
VT
Joined Feb 2006
3,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
That's funny. Guys with zero experience saying things people like that say. Almost always ends badly when they have no idea what they're doing, no surprise that time. Never seen a 3ch coax bigger than a 450. Can't believe anyone makes one that big let alone anyone would buy one.
-Your post made me wonder exactly how big these 3.5 ch coaxials go. Well, we don't have to wonder any longer. Gentlemen, I give you... The Colossus Metal 3.5 Channel R/C Heli :-)
"Colossus METAL 3.5CH RC Helicopter (Worlds Largest Helicopter)... Worlds Largest R/C Heli 4 FEET LONG!"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2818307...&ul_noapp=true
Old Apr 10, 2016, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
Oops.......a month before buying the pretty Blade coaxial with body and lights...think it is the micro coaxial2....mcx2? ChespiIker bought a 450 size coaxial, toy grade, at the local SAM's.....this was like 4 years ago.......it had a horizontal tail rotor to act as elevator....big, good looking finish....but, of course, quite the dumb, uninformed purchase....on fourth flight, spooling up, the board caught on fire....bad.....there was an email address for parts for a business located in Mexico City....you guessed it...nada, nothing, no spare parts as promised by the individual selling them inside Sam's.....so, I checked HH, Hobbytown USA....decided to go HH....and the rest is history...it must have been 220 usd at the time....the thing is to learn from your mistakes...better yet, learn from the mistakes of others, and always recognize when someone knows more than you do..... At all times remain humble, dignified...
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Apr 10, 2016, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by denis747
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Nov 2015
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
-Your post made me wonder exactly how big these 3.5 ch coaxials go. Well, we don't have to wonder any longer. Gentlemen, I give you... The Colossus Metal 3.5 Channel R/C Heli :-)
"Colossus METAL 3.5CH RC Helicopter (Worlds Largest Helicopter)... Worlds Largest R/C Heli 4 FEET LONG!"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2818307...&ul_noapp=true
That's colossal!
....lol
denis747 is online now Find More Posts by denis747
Old Apr 10, 2016, 05:52 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2,841 Posts
Dan.....I think I had one of those way before I got smarter....horizontal tail rotor? I just re-read your post and X-heli sounded familiar....
Old Apr 10, 2016, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by elan
VT
Joined Feb 2006
3,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker View Post
Oops.......a month before buying the pretty Blade coaxial with body and lights...think it is the micro coaxial2....mcx2? ChespiIker bought a 450 size coaxial, toy grade, at the local SAM's.....this was like 4 years ago.......it had a horizontal tail rotor to act as elevator....big, good looking finish....but, of course, quite the dumb, uninformed purchase....on fourth flight, spooling up, the board caught on fire....bad.....there was an email address for parts for a business located in Mexico City....you guessed it...nada, nothing, no spare parts as promised by the individual selling them inside Sam's.....so, I checked HH, Hobbytown USA....decided to go HH....and the rest is history...it must have been 220 usd at the time....the thing is to learn from your mistakes...better yet, learn from the mistakes of others, and always recognize when someone knows more than you do..... At all times remain humble, dignified...
-Man, this really is a great story :-)
Old Apr 10, 2016, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker View Post
Dan.....I think I had one of those way before I got smarter....horizontal tail rotor? I just re-read your post and X-heli sounded familiar....
I believe it was heli Elan showed. Thats very similar to picture X-heli had/ maybe it was Nito-planes ?? It was big. Plus co ax double set of blades makes it look bigger. Up periscope/ co-ax under water !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 10, 2016, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2,841 Posts
Yes, coaxial, BIG.......blue canopy with the lightning bolt......after no spares, went the Blade, Walkera, later Align route.......sorry about the boy....dad should have known what he did not know....coaxial and wind do not mix....no, not Colossus...seemed to be xheli....I guess colossus has not met an Align 800!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by denis747
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Nov 2015
589 Posts
Trex Trekker 800, listen to those blades, epic sound.

First test trex trekker 800 (4 min 34 sec)
denis747 is online now Find More Posts by denis747