Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by Hard Eddy
BAMF
Joined Jul 2015
9 Posts
Discussion
600tvl fatshark camera problem

I recently had my 600tvl fatshark camera go black screen on me mid flight. Not cool. After trying to diagnose the issue I found it to be a loose connection in the camera, not sure which one yet but when I tap on the camera the picture comes back until it is bumped again. I have used a different cable, transmitter and camera to figure out this is the issue. Is this a common issue and if so how do I fix it?
Hard Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Hard Eddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2015, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by AndyPG
United Kingdom, Lincs
Joined May 2015
324 Posts
I've had a few problems with Fatshark CMOS cameras, both the 600TVL and the 700TVL. Its a shame because the 600TVL in particular is a great little camera.
My 600 suffers from a shakey image. A quick look inside revealed the PCB to be quite loose in the case so thought it would be an easy fix with a small piece of sponge in there to keep it pressed forward. No change so it can only be used in my Bixler as the small amount of vibration in my quad aggrovates it.
My 700TVL flickers every few seconds. I checked the little plug and spotted it was quite a loose fit and slides out easily. so I keep it pressed in with a small elastic band and this has cured it.
I would suggest trying a new plug.
AndyPG is offline Find More Posts by AndyPG
Old Sep 30, 2015, 07:24 PM
BAMF
Joined Jul 2015
9 Posts
Awesome, thank you! It is definitely not the plug, I tried wiggling it and what not but it does seem to be a bad connection inside. I will try the sponge trick, that seems to be the likely fix for my issue. I agree with you though, I have no complaints about fatshark products, things just happen sometimes. This camera is on my 300mm quadcopter and has a had a few tumbles so this was bound to happen at some point.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 08:37 PM
BAMF
Joined Jul 2015
9 Posts
AndyPG, thank you very much you are a life saver.
I opened up the camera and the main board seemed a bit jiggly. I did not have a sponge to cut a piece from, instead I used a cut and rolled piece of the fabric wipe that the camera came with and put that in there. Works awsome! Thanks again.
Old Oct 01, 2015, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by AndyPG
United Kingdom, Lincs
Joined May 2015
324 Posts
Awesome... :-)
AndyPG is offline Find More Posts by AndyPG