Yes Sir, this hobby does move quick.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2016, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by ArsonDave
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
732 Posts
Just to confirm a good replacement servo...can anyone recommend a hearty servo with long enough leads? I'm going through old posts in this thread but there always seems to be concern about the leads being long enough. I'm actively looking, but any links for suitable servos would be appreciated.

Dave
ArsonDave is offline Find More Posts by ArsonDave
Old Feb 05, 2016, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by newelectro
Jimmy Rc
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Nov 2004
57 Posts
I have been running t-pro 9g mg servos on my Stryker for years no problems yet but I am only running 3s 2200 lipo with a turnigy 2836 2350kv outruner, 6x4 apc prop 60 amp esc and it is plenty fast for me. Jimmy
newelectro is online now Find More Posts by newelectro
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:09 AM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
732 Posts
Thanks Jimmy. That gives me another option, as I've been pointed to Hitecs MG servos as well. I guess I'll just have to see what the LHS's have, so I can work on the plane this weekend. Regards.

Dave
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by newelectro
Jimmy Rc
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Nov 2004
57 Posts
Your welcome love this plane I have to 3 of them.
newelectro is online now Find More Posts by newelectro
Old Feb 07, 2016, 02:46 PM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
732 Posts
Folks,

I'd like to provide a bit of my re-build update, but I also have a question (or two) at the end. I know the thread is old, and I'm behind the times on this plane, but I thought this is just as good a place to ask as any.

The new receiver is in, new servos are installed, some packing tape has been (somewhat) strategically placed for wear, and the hatch has been reapplied. So, it's getting close.

Basically, it is a stock bird and will be flown as such...stock motor, prop, 3s 2200 battery.

My question(s) revolve around CG, however.

My particular plane is pretty nose heavy, even with the battery as far aft as it will go in the compartment. I expect an old epoxy repair of the nose adds to the problem, but other than tape on the leading edges and on the underside of the wing ahead of the CG I wouldn't think it would be that heavy. But then again, maybe it isn't that bad and that's why I am asking.

When trying to balance the plane on the dimples in the finger holes, the nose drops pretty readily. While I can't measure while trying to balance, I seem to be able to get the plane level with my fingers about 1/8 to1/4" forward of the edge of the dimples.

I've seen many folks reference that this plane flies best while being a bit nose heavy, but is mine seemingly too much? I know I should probably just "man up" and fly the thing, but I just thought I'd ask first. If I try to fly it, should I expect the plane to dip right away upon launch and then be easier to correct as speed increases?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the screw has already been pulled from this replacement nose cone.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Dave
Old Feb 07, 2016, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by tuck
Its follow the ******. your #1
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,232 Posts
I doubt you will even notice that little forward CG. Even inverted flight with a neutral cg isn't neutral.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:58 PM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
732 Posts
Tuck, you're a lone voice here in this old thread, so I'll take your advice. I'll just go ahead and fly this thing. Thanks for your help.

Dave