HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, Glendora
Joined Oct 2012
688 Posts
Discussion
hdmi convertor

im having issues with this hdmi conv with my sony nex5r. i have all my video tx and rx working fine but not getting any video on my monitor from the nex5r.
really appreciate any help. thanks

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...HDMI-to/Detail
Mrtarango32 is offline Find More Posts by Mrtarango32
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:42 PM
Richard in Bangkok
Thailand, Bangkok
Joined Jul 2012
252 Posts
I have the same converter and it works great. Have you hooked it directly to a monitor (skipping out the TX and RX) ?

I found that mine gives a better and more stable picture when it has a separate 5v supply, rather than getting its power from the NEX5 via the HDMI cable.
richardt1808 is offline Find More Posts by richardt1808
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Oct 2012
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt1808 View Post
I have the same converter and it works great. Have you hooked it directly to a monitor (skipping out the TX and RX) ?

I found that mine gives a better and more stable picture when it has a separate 5v supply, rather than getting its power from the NEX5 via the HDMI cable.
Hmm mine doesn't show a port to have 5v input to it
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:07 AM
Richard in Bangkok
Thailand, Bangkok
Joined Jul 2012
252 Posts
Okay, so yours takes power from the NEX5 cable. Connect the unit to your camera and eliminate...

Connect the video out from the convertor to a monitor. If there is no picture, then there are 3 causes
a) your convertor
b) the cable between convertor and your camera
c) camera does not output HDMI

To eliminate any issue with your camera and HDMI cable, try plugging your camera directly to the HDMI input of another monitor (no convertor in the equation). If you get picture, then you know thatbyour convertor is toast. If you don't get picture then you have a problem with cable / camera settings etc.
richardt1808 is offline Find More Posts by richardt1808
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:45 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtarango32 View Post
im having issues with this hdmi conv with my sony nex5r. i have all my video tx and rx working fine but not getting any video on my monitor from the nex5r.
really appreciate any help. thanks

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...HDMI-to/Detail
Are you supplying 5V via the mini USB port? I read that you could take power from the camera battery on 1080i but the HDMI converter just kept rebooting and video would keep cutting out. 5V via a BEC solved that problem for me and camera battery went for a lot longer also.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidex View Post
Are you supplying 5V via the mini USB port? I read that you could take power from the camera battery on 1080i but the HDMI converter just kept rebooting and video would keep cutting out. 5V via a BEC solved that problem for me and camera battery went for a lot longer also.
I don't have a mini USB port just the hdmi and video and ground.
So I need to open it up and power it with 5v off a bec