HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:57 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,985 Posts
I would think the DX7 has a flaperon option, but I've never owned or flown one so I'm not sure.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:58 PM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Apr 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
On the DX6, you'll need to set a AIL>AUX1 mix and assign it to a switch, then dial in however much flap throw you want.
Thanks, my CTB should be here any day now!
Flarotor is offline Find More Posts by Flarotor
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:03 PM
Joined Apr 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
I would think the DX7 has a flaperon option, but I've never owned or flown one so I'm not sure.
I've never had to use flaperon or spoileron so it's all new to me.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:16 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,985 Posts
If it has a flap only option, you could mix the flaps into the aileron channel and achieve flaperons that way too.

I know the DX6i was flaperon capable, I used them on my Edge when I had it, that makes me think the DX7 surely is.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:49 PM
Joined Apr 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
If it has a flap only option, you could mix the flaps into the aileron channel and achieve flaperons that way too.

I know the DX6i was flaperon capable, I used them on my Edge when I had it, that makes me think the DX7 surely is.
Ok, I should be good to go then.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:02 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,653 Posts
It's easily doable on a dx7S. As said above set up a mix of AIL>Whatever switch you want to use. I use the flap switch since its a 3 position. Center position "normal" and up is up and down is down. I find the plane to be a hoot just set up as a normal plane without the flapperon functions.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:07 PM
Joined Apr 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
It's easily doable on a dx7S. As said above set up a mix of AIL>Whatever switch you want to use. I use the flap switch since its a 3 position. Center position "normal" and up is up and down is down. I find the plane to be a hoot just set up as a normal plane without the flapperon functions.
Been using the 3 position flaps on my flyzone beaver for a while. Looks like it will be easy once I get my CTB assembled.

Hurry up mailman!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:29 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,985 Posts
It's still beyond me how some do not like this plane. I just got back from the school gym, where I was trying to fly my beat up Beaver to pieces. It took a lickin' and kept on tickin'! Video to come! This plane makes rolling harriers so easy it's almost like cheating. lol

I have a new Beaver on the table that was slated to receive the gear from the old one, but about halfway through the build, I decided I might as well have two of them, and ordered another motor, esc, and servos for it. So, my wife can finish the old one off. It's high time she learned to fly anyway.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:11 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,985 Posts
Thanks to Jeff Williams for letting me fly his CTB when they first came out. He got me hooked.

Flying Beavers! (3 min 21 sec)
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,628 Posts
I have a DX7 for my Beaver. Have flaperons and spoilerons dialed in, but don't use them, except for my high speed taxi back to the pits. Put spoilers on and this thing will become a road racer on the ground.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Joined Jan 2014
144 Posts
Are the stock elevator and rudder control rods ridged enough? On my crack yak they are too thin and bend when being pushed by the servo...the mxs did it right with the large cf rods and no eyes...should I make this mod to the beaver?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,985 Posts
I ended up putting larger rods on mine. The stock ones flexed too much and bound up in the guides.
Old Today, 06:59 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,257 Posts
I used 1.5 mm on mine. There are two cable tie 'eyes' to stop flex on each rod. Works perfectly. Much less fiddly than the supplied rod.

This is on my second CTB where applied all the mods from the first at the build stage!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Today, 09:02 AM
Joined Jan 2014
144 Posts
Approximately how long are these rods...I want to pick them up ahead of time so I can be ready?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Old Today, 10:53 AM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshball View Post
Approximately how long are these rods...I want to pick them up ahead of time so I can be ready?
The're a bit less than 18" each. A 3' stick will do both. I used .050" CF and it cost me a whole gram of weight. Don't know why TH didn't do this in the first place.
Lilienthal is online now Find More Posts by Lilienthal